darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
The game itself is pretty cool. The battle mode is pretty fun, (you can make your opponent break a guitar string, or make his guitar do the lefty-flip, etc.) But the damn guitar isn't backwards compatible!!!!! How lame is that?!?!? As long as the PS 3 has been out, people have been waiting for a way to play GH on it. With GH 3 I figured that this would have finally been answered, but NNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!! Either Sony, Red Octane, Activision or Neversoft decided that they would stick it to us by making us have to have 1 guitar to play GH 3 with and another to play the others!!! What the hell am I, a roadie?!?!

Not only that, but I had to buy 2 bundles, because no one makes a separate guitar controller for GH 3 yet!!!!!!

Plus the 360 version is backwards compatible!!! So don't even try to tell me that it's some kind of programming issue, because obviously Microsoft found a way to make it work.

Screw them all, I'm returning GH 3 tomorrow.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Damn that sucks. My bro picked it up for the 360 the other day.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Damn that sucks. My bro picked it up for the 360 the other day.
Yeah, but I've heard that the Rock Band guitar will work with ALL GH's on the PS 3. So I guess I'll return GH 3 and buy Rock Band next month, then just buy the GH 3 game. Then I'll FINALLY be able to play them all!!!

On a positive note, I FINALLY got to Cult of Personality last night, which was the song I was waiting the whole game for. Kinda weird because they must have re-recorded it. It was a little different. But it was like I was born to play that song. I pretty much nailed the whole song. It was awesome!!!

B

Bloodstriker

Full Audioholic
I think you can get a usb adaptor for the older guitar to work on the PS3?

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I think you can get a usb adaptor for the older guitar to work on the PS3?
I have the ps2->ps3 usb adaptor and it works just fine in GH1 but it's screwy in GH2. No worries though as Harmonix is making the Rock Band guitar work with GH1/2 on the PS3.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I have the ps2->ps3 usb adaptor and it works just fine in GH1 but it's screwy in GH2. No worries though as Harmonix is making the Rock Band guitar work with GH1/2 on the PS3.
Exactly. The Pelican adapter works perfectly with GH 1. But on GH 2, hammer-on's and pull-off's don't work. Nor does lifting the guitar for star power.

I've heard that there's a Radio Shack adapter that works well with both 1 and 2, except for the whammy bar.

But NO ONE makes an adapter that will enable you to use 1 guitar for all 3 games!!! You have to use the GH 3 guitar for GH 3 and one of the older guitars for 1 and 2. Completely retarded.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis