Getting a bluetooth setup running in the morning

B

Birck Cox

Enthusiast
My system pre-bluetooth was wired connections between a Yamaha receiver two rooms away from the "audio " room, with two wall-mounted speakers and a volume control on the wall for the speakers. To assemble a bluetooth version of all that, I put the receiver in the audio room with a Pyle BT transmitter connected, and two Bose Soundlink Flex SE speakers, connected to power. I first determined that all those components would work properly together, then placed most of them in their final locations in the audio room. I haven't used my cellphone at all in this process, nor do I intend to, nor have I used my TV as a source or destination for audio, so: when I first walk in to the audio room in the morning (or whenever), will I need my phone to turn the system on, or should I just be able to switch on the Pyle adapter, assuming that the receiver is always on? Will I need to find and pair the bluetooth components, each of which, but he way, requires that I download their app for best results, as if they all expect me to feed the system from my phone? Or can I somehow download and install the app on each component?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
If the speakers are paired to the Bluetooth, then there should not be any need for any app at all. It should just connect and work.

B

Birck Cox

Enthusiast
OK. So I just punch the "on" button on the bluetooth adapter, and, if it's paired with the speakers, and the rcvr is on, tuned to FM radio, I should hear FM radio?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis