M

metalhead

Audiophyte
Have a set of old school Sansui SP-X8700 I just need some basic stuff, I know all about placement, but may not understand a few basic where to start for placement,, elevate above floor yes no? if so what too high? I have them sitting on top of the sub woofers which is sitting in front of the K Horns, for decades in all my dwellings its been" Are there corners for †he Klipsch? never had to worry about speaker placement. I have a set of 901s that sound like crap if not placed exactly.I don't use them very much. But these Sansui speakers are a new lease on life as far as speakers go. Speakers only get sonically better as they are given more and more class "A" power, turn them down they are just not that good..I don't quite understand that ,increase db. be†ter sound? thanks for your time and input..110db@ 1 meter/1 watt what do other members spec at.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Tweeter/HF transducer should be at ear level.

901's are very specifically designed to work with room boundaries, hence 8 drivers facing the rear.

Class A is really just a great way to turn electricity into heat. AB is most common in current amps, but D and H are gaining traction - D in particular had difficulties with high frequencies which limited its use to subs, but that has changed!

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Have a set of old school Sansui SP-X8700 I just need some basic stuff, I know all about placement, but may not understand a few basic where to start for placement,, elevate above floor yes no? if so what too high? I have them sitting on top of the sub woofers which is sitting in front of the K Horns, for decades in all my dwellings its been" Are there corners for †he Klipsch? never had to worry about speaker placement. I have a set of 901s that sound like crap if not placed exactly.I don't use them very much. But these Sansui speakers are a new lease on life as far as speakers go. Speakers only get sonically better as they are given more and more class "A" power, turn them down they are just not that good..I don't quite understand that ,increase db. be†ter sound? thanks for your time and input..110db@ 1 meter/1 watt what do other members spec at.
Speakers sound better turned up because we our hearing gets flatter as the volume increases, particularly in the low and high frequencies.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Speakers sound better turned up because we our hearing gets flatter as the volume increases, particularly in the low and high frequencies.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
That's what DynamicEQ is good for :)

PLEASE go into your tapatalk settings and get rid of the ad? PLEASE?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Subwoofers can be good speaker stands if they are the right height....one of mine is a tv stand :)

No offense intended, but as far as your writing goes....very hard to get thru this post. You talking into a phone or something? Your Sansuis have a 110dB sensitivity or are you talking about the Klipschorns? As far as loudness contour effects, might look up Fletcher-Munson curves and later studies along those lines....

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Not a fan of automatic room correction and unfortunately dynamic volume requires it. I find at about 75dB for most music things sound reasonable. For highly dynamic music such as classical an 85dB peak volume sounds good to me. I watch movies with the volume knob turned to 0dB (sometimes -5 if the dialog has been mixed too loud) so no need for dynamic eq

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis