General dimensions suggestions for a 3.5" speakers?

S

soundmun

Audiophyte
Hi there, not getting too sceintific about it as it is a mini boombox powered by classD amp .speakers are "full range" 3.5". what size of inner enclosure + bass reflex would you suggest? id like to achive as much bass as possible from this tiny speakers.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
You need the T/S parameters to get the driver modeled.

If you post the T/S parameters, someone on here will get you set up with exactly what you are wanting to know.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Parts Express already did the calculations for that driver. Scroll down to see this:
Optimum Cabinet Size (determined using BassBox 6 Pro High Fidelity suggestion)
  • Sealed Volume 0.1 ft.³
  • Sealed F3 = 122 Hz
  • Vented Volume 0.2 ft.³
  • Vented F3 = 72 Hz (fixed that typo)
It seems to work best in a sealed cabinet with 0.1 ft³ internal volume.

Edit: My earlier typo (vented F3 = 372 Hz) clearly makes a big difference. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
and you're not going to get much bass out of it. Vented F3 for optimal size cab is 72hz
It's a tiny driver. Physics is a b1tch

S

soundmun

Audiophyte
and you're not going to get much bass out of it. Vented F3 for optimal size cab is 72hz
It's a tiny driver. Physics is a b1tch
Its just for the office ,and id like to go with the vented . so in plain english, what dimensions of port do i need ?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Its just for the office ,and id like to go with the vented . so in plain english, what dimensions of port do i need ?
Sorry about my earlier typo. It's now corrected.

You plan on using one driver in a 0.2 ft³ (5.66 liter, 345.6 in³) ported cabinet, right?

I played with the calculator here http://sbp.softica.dk/2.0/en/ and came up with a port 4.76 cm diameter × 14.68 cm long. In inches, that's 1.87" diameter × 5.78" long.

Buy a pair of these from Parts Express (part 260-476), use them without trimming, and you should be close enough.

Don't take my numbers as gospel. Because you bought the drivers at Parts Express, you can contact Technical Support to ask what they recommend.

Email: Tech@Parts-Express.com
Phone: 1-800-338-0531

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis