Gears of War 3 in 2011?

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Rumor: Gears Of War 3 Releasing April 2011
Source says teaser trailer coming soon. Full reveal at E3.
by Jim Reilly

March 16, 2010 - The wait for Gears of War 3 may be longer than we thought.

A "trusted US publishing source" has told website Edge the third chapter in the Gears of War series is set for release in April 2011. While still not officially announced by Microsoft, the first teaser trailer for Gears of War 3 is apparently coming as early as next month on April 8, with a full reveal set for June at this year's E3 in Los Angeles.

"Microsoft's keen to avoid a clash with Halo: Reach and wants Natal to own Christmas. That's why we won't be seeing Gears of War 3 until next year, but expect a major marketing push ahead of its release," the source said.

Representatives from both Epic Games and Microsoft told IGN they do not comment on rumors or speculation.

Well that's not much news... Can't wait for trailers... I hope the campaign is longer. 4-player co-op would also be amazing if they can pull it off with the hardware.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Well that's not much news... Can't wait for trailers... I hope the campaign is longer. 4-player co-op would also be amazing if they can pull it off with the hardware.
Doubt you will see a campaign greater than 6-7 hours. Campaigns are becoming almost like an afterthought. Multiplayer is what adds depth in todays game. I wouldn't mind seeing more offline (and can be also online) game modes like Horde on Gears and Fire Fight like on Halo 3: ODST (which is awesome btw). Even with all this online stuff I still love fighting against bots. :D

Last edited:
Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Not interested in the 3rd gears, the 2nd one was bad enough. ALso, there needs to be more players in an online match, 4 vs 4 was getting old, but they obviOusly set the 2nd up for another sequel with the voice of the queen still alive, and the last village of humanity crashing into the earth as marcus's dad shouts "what have you done?" yes, obvious sequel material, but one I am not interested in, with all the human civilization gone, it will be an underground firefight with cleverly placed walls for cover. Not interested.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis