Gaming Problems w/DLP?

D

ddcobb

Junior Audioholic
I have heard some ppl complain about the response time of DLP's with respect to gaming (xbox,ps2,etc.,etc.). Some have said it makes certain games unplayable. I like the look of the DLP's but Im leaning towards a Sony KDF-55WE/XS bc of the better response time. Anyone encountered this problem? Any reasonably priced models that don't have this issue?

C

Catdaddy

Junior Audioholic
I dont understand what they are talking about. Never experienced any delays with my projector and we used it to play Halo.

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
Sounds like a myth to me. I've a rear projection DLP, and have never experienced anything like what you describe.

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
What can happen is a thing called "tearing" this occures when the refresh rates are not in sync, on a PC you can turn Vsync on to stop this. I do not know if this is your problem or not?

S

s2pdname

Junior Audioholic
ddcobb said:
I have heard some ppl complain about the response time of DLP's with respect to gaming (xbox,ps2,etc.,etc.).QUOTE]

I had also heard of some people experiencing this "lag." I've had both x-box and GameCube connected to my DLP for about 6 months with no noticeable issues.

M

Mark Duncan

Junior Audioholic
I've never had an issue with my DLP as far as response time. It was great for gaming.

av-man

av-man

Audioholic
the early Samsungs had a real bad lag problem. They have apparently fixed it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis