game recommendations

KaterineM

KaterineM

Audiophyte
Guys, hello! I have one question for you! Tomorrow I'm going to buy PS for the first time, and I need recommendations, which 2-3 games are worth playing. I Googled, and read good reviews about Watch Dogs, Red Dead Redemption, GTA 5 (classic), and Demon’s Souls. Have someone played them?
And maybe there are better and more interesting games.
I'd be happy to hear some recommendations.
Thanks in advance!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Ninja
I don't game on a console, so I don't know which games are available on which consoles.

A very nice game is "Hunt: Showdown" that I bought through Steam, and runs on PS 4 and XBOX ONE.

KaterineM

KaterineM

Audiophyte
I don't game on a console, so I don't know which games are available on which consoles.

A very nice game is "Hunt: Showdown" that I bought through Steam, and runs on PS 4 and XBOX ONE.

Thanks! I watched the trailer, and the game seems to be very interesting

James S.

James S.

Junior Audioholic
I have played Watchdogs 2, which was good. Red Dead redemption, I didn't play. I tried it, but didn't like it. GTA is good. Demon Souls, I didn't play, but heard it is hard. I recommend Horizon Zero Dawn, more recent Assassin's Creed games, Immortals Feynx Rising, and Spiderman (first one and Miles Morales). I could recommend a lot of games. What kind are you interested in?

KaterineM

KaterineM

Audiophyte
I have played Watchdogs 2, which was good. Red Dead redemption, I didn't play. I tried it, but didn't like it. GTA is good. Demon Souls, I didn't play, but heard it is hard. I recommend Horizon Zero Dawn, more recent Assassin's Creed games, Immortals Feynx Rising, and Spiderman (first one and Miles Morales). I could recommend a lot of games. What kind are you interested in?
Thank you so much! Actually, I've never played, so I don't have any preferences, but maybe, something with a story line, I mean, the game with a meaning, not when you just walking around and shooting or something else

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thank you so much! Actually, I've never played, so I don't have any preferences, but maybe, something with a story line, I mean, the game with a meaning, not when you just walking around and shooting or something else
Final Fantasy 4!! My all time favorite! Still to this day. Start with that one, PS 2, then work your way all the way up to the last release.;)

James S.

James S.

Junior Audioholic
The ones I listed are open world and long games with good stories. Spiderman is a shorter game and not as big world, but still good. Horizon Dawn had an excellent story. Immortals has a lot of puzzle solving.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I finished Red Dead 1 and expansion (zombies). I could not get past the beginning in Red dead 2. Finished Watchdogs 2 on the PS4, i enjoyed that one. IF you like adventure games, Uncharted series is a must. Can find the used bundle cheap. Last of us 1 & 2 are great games. Can't go wrong with Naughty dog. Ghosts of Tsushima and Days gone round out my top adventure games. Did you buy a PS5 or 4?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Samurai
Which PS? Getting a new PS5 or older model? I'll second the Uncharted series. All of them were a lot of fun and both my kids loved them. Haven't played Red Dead Redemption but the reviews were very good if the western theme appeals to you. For fantasy adventure games I have always enjoyed the Final Fantasy series. Very good if you like something story driven and the games can take a long time to play through if you do a lot of exploring and leveling. The Witcher is very good too.

KaterineM

KaterineM

Audiophyte
Guys, thank you so much for all the info you provided!
Now I think that tomorrow I'll have time to buy games, and will for sure write a few words after playing.
Thanks again!!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Uncharted series easily among the best stories and best series on Playstation.

Last of Us and The Last of Us 2 easily the best stories period. The combat can be pretty challenging, but worth the effort. I might not say start here, but once you figure out if you like story type action games, these are excellent. Produced by the same studio as Uncharted. What they learned in Uncharted about story and gameplay trickled into Last of Us and vice versa. It makes both series great. Last of Us 2 won a ridiculous number of awards.

Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2 do have a solid story and great gameplay. Never got boring.

Horizon Zero Dawn has a deep story, but objectives get a little repetitive. The gameplay is excellent though. Control system, leveling and crafting system, all just work. I am actually replaying this ahead of the release of Horizon Forbidden West which comes out in 2 weeks.

Resident Evil 7 and 8. Very creepy. Very fun, always a fun series.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - this one is not for everyone. Slow, but very detailed and involving story. Less combat, more exploring. Probably my favorite game on PS5 so far, but I am a Hideo Kojima fan. Kojima games tend to come with some crazy ideas, but they are always very entertaining. A game about delivering packages in a post apocalyptic world? Sounds crazy right? It is strangely addictive and satisfying.

Last edited:
Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Samurai
Last of Us has the saddest opening of any game... ever. If you did not tear up, you are heartless. The combat does get challenging at times due to ammo limitations but great game.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Ninja
Submarine battles were popular many years ago. I wonder why Ubisoft and others stopped marketing them and why did interest in them fade away.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Last of Us has the saddest opening of any game... ever. If you did not tear up, you are heartless. The combat does get challenging at times due to ammo limitations but great game.
Agreed. There are multiple big moments in that game and the second one. I would say the first one was more intense in terms of "that did not just happen" moments though.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Guys, hello! I have one question for you! Tomorrow I'm going to buy PS for the first time, and I need recommendations, which 2-3 games are worth playing. I Googled, and read good reviews about Watch Dogs, Red Dead Redemption, GTA 5 (classic), and Demon’s Souls. Have someone played them?
And maybe there are better and more interesting games.
I'd be happy to hear some recommendations.
Thanks in advance!
I prefer the PS2 and haven't gotten anything else other than PS1 & PS2. If possible, try playing Harry potter if you like adventure games, Midnight Club 3 dub edition remix. Both are PS2 titles. Google PS2 games on PS5 or find another way to play it.

You mentioned GTA 5, looks like you have bought a PS5 and I'm not sure whether the PS5 is backward compatible.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Any new decent games for a mid-level PC these days?

J

jacksonstover

Audiophyte
This was really helpful.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis