F

Fife

Junior Audioholic
Any idea when Denon will come out with a new receiver? Will it be this spring or do they release less than once a year. I love the 3805 but I get concerned about the digital link. I wonder if an adapter will be available so we can use the Denon Link for a digital input in the future. I'm sure that the Denon Link will not be used for future formats (or will it?). I want to buy the 3805 but don't want to be boxed in due to no digital input.

K

keenan

Junior Audioholic
Fife said:
Any idea when Denon will come out with a new receiver? Will it be this spring or do they release less than once a year. I love the 3805 but I get concerned about the digital link. I wonder if an adapter will be available so we can use the Denon Link for a digital input in the future. I'm sure that the Denon Link will not be used for future formats (or will it?). I want to buy the 3805 but don't want to be boxed in due to no digital input.
The 5805 is supposed to come out 1Q/05. That's a pretty big leap though in price from a 3805. If the digital link is important and you still want a Denon the 4805 should have IEEE1394 which carries everything along with Denon Link which will not carry SACD signals. Denon Link will only work with Denon equipment. If you are looking for a receiver now that is comparable in price and has IEEE1394 I think the Pioneers are supposed to be decent along with Yamaha I believe also has IEEE1394. The 3805 is really a dated receiver already when it comes to digital input capability with equipment other than Denon players, plus I really don't think we will ever see SACD over Denon Link.

Jim

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis