Future ME2 DLC Will Bridge Story Gap to Mass Effect 3

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Future ME2 DLC Will Bridge Story Gap to Mass Effect 3

BioWare's Casey Hudson explains future DLC plans, and also confirms planet mining will return in ME3.
By Kris Pigna, 05/21/2010

BioWare has already released one story-driven DLC pack for Mass Effect 2 (Kasumi's Stolen Memory), and they have another one on the way in June. And according to lead producer Casey Hudson, there will be a lot more DLC on the way, which will eventually begin to bridge the story gap between Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3. "We have a bunch of packs that are in the works right now," Hudson said to Videogamer in an interview. "So, for the time being there's going to be a continued stream of DLC for people. We'll start to have packs that'll tell the story between Mass Effect 2 and 3. But beyond that we kind of have to see how people are responding to what we have and go from there."

Kasumi's Stolen Memory added eponymous new character Kasumi as a party member, but BioWare has already confirmed the upcoming Overlord DLC in June won't add any more party members -- nor will any other Mass Effect 2 DLC in the future. So whatever story BioWare fills in leading up to Mass Effect 3, it'll revolve around the same companion characters already in Mass Effect 2.

As for the planned final entry in the trilogy, Hudson remained mostly tight-lipped, saying "it probably won't be for quite a few months that we talk about Mass Effect 3." He did, though, reveal one tidbit: despite some criticism, the planet mining mini-game from Mass Effect 2 will return in the third game. "When you look at the feedback, there are things that people liked about it, and functionally it serves a purpose," Hudson explained. "I don't think there's a problem with any of those. I think it's the way people relied on it, and the way we relied on it maybe too much in parts of the story. And also just when you think about the speed of it."

Source: 1up.com

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis