furniture to use with wall mounted screen

suburbanjoe

suburbanjoe

Enthusiast
Howdy.

I'm in the process of putting together my home theatre, and while I can find tons of furniture to handle big ol' TV's, I can't find anything to use with a wall mounted screen. I'm looking at mounting a 92" diagonal 16:9 screen (80" wide) and would like to put a cabinet underneath the screen for gear and media storage. I'm not looking for anything over 24" high (roughly). The widest cabinets I've seen are in the 60 - 65 inch range, and that might look silly to have up to 10 inches of space on either side of the screen. I'd like to stay away from Ikea and similarly constructed stuff as this has to last, basically forever. ;)

Any ideas would be appreciated. What have other folks done?

Thanks a bunch.

-Brandon

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Brandon - I would strongly recommend not putting anything at the front of your theater that may distract from the movie. Like theaters don't put posters, etc. at the front, adding anything that blinks or has lights (components) or a bunch of DVD cases or glass cabinets which reflect light into the viewing area may be distracting to viewers and bring down the overall impact viewing a movie would have in your theater.

If you really want something, then I would look to do a built in. It costs more for sure, but the cabinets will fit exactly how you want them to and can basically create a surround for the screen if that is what you want.

suburbanjoe

suburbanjoe

Enthusiast
Thanks for the response, I'll have to give it some more thought.

-Brandon

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis