OlivierQC

Audiophyte
Hello to all,

The NEO α(Alpha) is the flagship of Zidoo in the current lineup
and benefits from all Firmware releases of the earlier models
while offering a different hardware architecture and
audio features specific to the NEO range.​

-----------------

3 videos made in collaboration with Sledgehamma who has a new Zidoo NEO Alpha 4K media player HiFi and who made a complete test of this device.

PART 1

PART 2

PART 3
Coming soon...

See you soon​

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I have no idea why anyone would get one of these anymore. Not that this product is good or bad, but at this point, when most can get really high quality out of their Roku or AppleTV, or Shield, spending far more on a dedicated streaming device I'm not sure I can get on board with.

It took me a long time to accept that my Dune players were just not the way to go. I loved them at first because they did ISO files nicely, but in the ten years (or so) since then, Plex has figured out how to do what Windows Media Player (KODI) could never figure out: How to make it all look really good while being incredibly easy to work with. Almost as important, they did so while making it a truly portable solution.

I suppose in a really high end setup, if you are a tweaker, then this may be a fun product to have in an equipment stack. But, it's so hard to recommend to anyone who just wants a simple day to day solution. I have any number of clients who have really high end gear, but when they watch movies, they don't want anything more complex than an AppleTV like product. Even Plex is complex if they have to load their own content.

So, I suppose that love tweaking their systems and are more technically motivated will be buying these up, but as is typical, this product isn't available on the website of the manufacturer. Their OWN LINKS don't take you to a product page where this device can be purchased. Which likely means there isn't much in the way of USA support or setup information or troubleshooting help. All of which means there is no way I would possibly sell this to one of my clients and since I'm not overflowing with cash, and my family LOVES Plex, I think I'll stick with my $80 Roku players which can stream my library anywhere I set one up.

A bit of a sham as well when you realize that @OlivierQC has a total of two posts on these forums, and both are for Zidoo products.

OlivierQC

OlivierQC

Audiophyte
I use Zidoo devices I think it is logical that I talk about it since I know the product.

They are plug and play products with video and audio options that allow users to have great flexibility with their video equipment.

And comparing this HiFi player to a simple ATV4k and the TV Shield game box leaves me doubtful... your two products are more comparable to a Zidoo Z9X but without their shortcomings in terms of audio format support for one and frame rate problems for the other for example and there are others

For info I also have an atv4k and a shiled tv and both are in a box in the attic.

I think you remind me of a person who doesn't want to see other interesting products on this forum and you seem to be a trader as well so I understand even better your backward attitude

As for their after sales service, they are very good like the follow up of their device with about 20 firmwares per year to improve and add new features

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I think you remind me of a person who doesn't want to see other interesting products on this forum and you seem to be a trader as well so I understand even better your backward attitude

As for their after sales service, they are very good like the follow up of their device with about 20 firmwares per year to improve and add new features
I love new product, if it makes sense. This product may make sense to some people that really like tweaking their gear. But, I can't imagine the average person dealing with it or even bothering when their website can't even sell you most of the products they are advertising that they make.

But, you've now made three posts, all of which are about a product which doesn't even lead to websites where I could go and purchase one. This is the same headache I ran into when I got my Dune players years ago. They don't have a good sales format to make it easy for customers to buy. If they can't handle the very basics of informing customers of where to buy their product, then why would I trust them to support that product if it has issues? Twenty updates a year for a product I can't figure out how to buy... ???

I can assure you that far more AppleTV, Shield, Roku, and FireTV products are sold and in use every single day of the week compared to this. I'm sure this can offer more, but can it offer more while being just as easy to setup and use? I'm not sure about that. I'm not sure that the long term benefit in a market that is changing very quickly makes a ton of sense for the vast majority either.

A ton of people here love their tweaking of systems, but they now are using streaming products which make it accessible to them anywhere they are in the world. Myself included.

Still not sure how much this product costs or how far ahead of the competition it really stands.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
To be fair, these look like nice products.

BUT, hell will freeze over before I commit to some random company that may or may not support the product in a year or two. Plus, with it running whatever OS this is, there is no guarantee that "normal" play store apps and the like will work properly, or at all. Sideloading is a hacky workaround.

I'd never want to manage a media collection on EACH device in my house. I already have Plex for that. Plus, storing local media data on a single device (that isn't a NAS) is a very outdated way of doing things.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis