FS: M& K V-90 subwoofer, totally revamped/upgraded $375 Massachusetts SOLD!!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I had bought this Miller & Kriesel V-90 sub a few years ago for $130, wanting it mainly for its oak veneered cabinet because it would match the furniture in the guest bedroom where it was going. With the help of the esteemed members of this forum, @TLS Guy in particular, we selected an SB Acoustics SB34 SWPL-76-4 driver for $206 and a Dayton Audio SPA250DSP plate amp for $180 to replace the weak stock driver and 90w amp. I had my master woodworker son open the front baffle to accommodate the slightly larger driver, and he added a plate of 3/4" MDF to the back to hold the smaller plate amp and allow for additional bracing inside for the heavier driver. The stock grille still fits.

So, in the end I have a little over $500 into this subwoofer with very high quality work and components. That total doesn't include the cost of the work my son did. As a sealed sub goes, it sounds robust yet never boomy or flatulent. The plate amp has a great (Windows PC) app for setting the 5-band PEQ, 2-band limiter, low pass & sub-sonic filters, slope, and gain, though it can also be set using the controls right on the plate amp. Connection options for input include Neutrik balanced and RCA, outputs are HF XLR balanced and RCA.

I have no way to box and ship it, and cost of shipping would be too high anyhow. Wiling to demo it here in Spencer MA, or would drive up to about 1 hour away to deliver it if no demo is OK. No written or implied warranty, no returns. Caveat emptor! I would scrap it if I wasn't totally confident about its build quality, performance, and durability. This could work for many environments, and of course because it's true oak veneer it can be painted or otherwise refinished. It measures 18" high, 15-1/4" wide, and 17" deep (including connections and control knob on the back. It weighs a substantial 56lbs (25.5kg.) Both the driver and plate amp are still current quality products, though obviously cost far more today so that makes this an even better value.

Aking $375 or best reasonable offer. No phone or e-mail negotiations, cash in hand talks, BS walks. Contact via PM here, e-mail kp.mitchell@outlook.com or phone @ Six-1-Seven Seven-8-Zero Nine-1-Six-1

M-K_V90_redux_grille-on.jpg

M-K_V90_redux_no-grille.jpg

PXL_20240728_141347315.jpg

SB Acoustics SB34 SWPL-76-4_price.jpg

SB Acoustics SB34 SWPL-76-4_specs.jpg

Dayton Audio SPA250DSP_amp.jpg

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
cash in hand talks, BS walks
Well ... as soon as I get that cash in hand part under control you'll be hearing from me.

As for anybody else that might be interested, I've heard this sub. I want this sub.

If you beat me to it, congrats. I get paid Thursday. You've been warned.

EDIT: You know what? Forget that. I'll take it. I'll send you my number and we can figure out how and when.

Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Well ... as soon as I get that cash in hand part under control you'll be hearing from me.

As for anybody else that might be interested, I've heard this sub. I want this sub.

If you beat me to it, congrats. I get paid Thursday. You've been warned.
It's yours then! I'll mark it sold. Thank you!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Such a pleasure meeting up with @Alex2507 again! So happy to be able to demo my revised system with him because it was pouring rain and not a good environment to drench a working subwoofer.

Cut him a killer deal on it too, because he's such a good guy. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis