Front speaker/dual sub setup

S

Steven Capper

Audiophyte
I am somewhat of an audiophile, did electronics for over 30 years and audio equipment since 1980. My setup is a Yamaha RX-A3000 (soon to be an RX-A2060), NHT 2.9's custom built and matched, 2 NHT SUB TWO's with DAYTON AUDIO replacement amps, NHT AC-2 and NHT 1.5's for surround, display is a Samsung 50 inch plasma for now. Audio source is an older 200 disc cd player, OPPO BDP-103 for cd, SACD or blue ray and/or streaming on Spotify. I also plan to add a Mono price 200X7 amp to the receiver for power and an extra set of speakers for 7.2 sound, no interest at this time in 9 or 11 channel sound. I split listening between music and movies, depending on my wife and her mood or if she is home. My question, with the 2.9's having side firing 10's should the subs be between them or outside of them? Living room dictates they all be on the same wall (subs and 2.9's) but there is enough room to put them in either configuration.

Thanks for any advice.
Steve

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The subs should go where ever they give you the best overall response. Without measuring equipment, its impossible to say where that would be in your room. We couldn't really say between or outside of them, hell, it could be one between and one outside. You should try both placements and just keep whichever sounds best to you.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis