Frequency for powered subs

M

mpistor

Audiophyte
i have 2 polk audio psw404 - 1in the front of the room and 1 in the rear. This room is strictly used for movies. i want to get the best earth shattering bass do i set the frequency on the subs to the same or different. Base don what ive seen i was thinking about setting the low pass on both to 100mhz?
Im open to suggestions.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Ideally, they should be located in the same corner together and calibrated identically. Your subs should be crossed over via your receiver, so you should be using the bypass input on the subs.

F

fergusonv

Audioholic
Not to bust your bubble or anything but to get deep bass a sub upgrade is in order. I have a 404 collecting dust at the moment and while good for music it just didnt cut it for HT.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
:) I didn't want to point that out, but yes, an upgrade would be a benefit. A single SVS PB-12 will outperform both of those subs together.

edwelly

edwelly

Full Audioholic
I ahve my sub crossed over at 70mhz - I found I liked that better than the standard 80. Personally, I think the 100 mhz is way too high. Just my $0.02

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
First off, its not mhz, thats 1 000 000hz, 70 000 000hz crossover freq.? ;)

Secondly, these subwoofer will not give you the bass your looking for, unless you strap them to your head.

Lastly, this forum needs a spelling and grammar check.

SheepStar

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Sheep said:
Lastly, this forum needs a spelling and grammar check.
SheepStar

Google has a nice toolbar with that on it:p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis