Freak accident Leaves me down one sub!

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
Total bummer tonight as I was hanging pictures of my kids on the wall behind one of my Hsu's. The picture slipped off the hangar and fell straight down behind the sub. The RCA plug took the brunt of the impact, breaking off the male interior of the RCA Terminator and leaving it inside the female receptacle of the sub. The sub still works fine but I'll need a new 25ft cable, which means I'm down a sub until it arrives. Bummer!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Total bummer tonight as I was hanging pictures of my kids on the wall behind one of my Hsu's. The picture slipped off the hangar and fell straight down behind the sub. The RCA plug took the brunt of the impact, breaking off the male interior of the RCA Terminator and leaving it inside the female receptacle of the sub. The sub still works fine but I'll need a new 25ft cable, which means I'm down a sub until it arrives. Bummer!
The freak things that happen, especially in home theater. Some things can drive you nuts looking for the problem, at least you know exactly what it is.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Reading your title the thought came to mind that it fell on a beautiful cabinet finish and now you have a deep gouge .
You are very lucky it is a plug that can be repaired and not visible in any way.:D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Amazon will deliver same day if you have the right membership....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
When you put "subwoofer down" and "freak accident" in the title it put me in mind of something fatal. Don't you ever scare me like that again young man!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Are you saying the cable didn't pull out? Sorry, couldn't resist :D
I think what he is saying is that the cable attempted to pull out at the last second; but instead, the prominent member snapped off and remained lodged in the RCA female interface!:eek:

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
what can be learned from this? Don't hang any pictures of Audiosaurs' kids near your audio/video gear! :confused:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Although pics of Audiosaur can be useful for scaring off vermin... :p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis