Frames for acoutic panels

P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
I am looking to purchase some frames only, I checked out two sites online, and i notice that the dimensions do not take into consideration the thickness of the frame material
for example it list Outside dimensions of
48" X 24" X 2"

Which is the same size as the material that is suppose to fit inside, meaning each one would have to be trimmed down to fit correctly.

Does anyone know of a good place to get ones that has the above dimensions but for the inside not outside ?

thanks'

S

Shrader

Audioholic
Just make some up out of 1X pine, I did six panels 24x48x4" in an hour and it costs less than 20$

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
I assure you these are design to hold the material like you are wanting to do.

The only caveat I have is the company may or my not be circling drain or at least having supply issues because they no longer sale their ready bags by themselves and they have been hard to come by for awhile now. This is pure speculation from a casual observer but after getting burned myself this year by an internet supplier I'm a little more weary about such things:rolleyes:

But as has already been suggested DIY pine frames are cheap, easy and proably the best route.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I used 2 x 3 pine boards from the hardware store....very quick and easy to do. I just screwed them together and then put the foam in the fram and stapled my fabric over the edges the wood on the back side.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis