Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
speaking of IMSA, it's the 'Bull Ring' this weekend, Lime Rock !

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Gong! Next race is the Hungarian Grand Prix. :p

Austria and Great Britain were pretty entertaining actually.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I know it's not F1, but how bout that Josef Newgarden !!!!

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I know it's not F1, but how bout that Josef Newgarden !!!!
You're welcome to start an IndyCar thread. ;) Hungary was a bit of a snooze fest. :rolleyes: Budapest is one of my favorite cities but I've never been a big fan of that race track. Nice to see McLaren doing well again though.

BBHT

BBHT

Junior Audioholic
I completely didn't see there was an F1 thread!

I watched the Singapore GP live (on TV...it's too hot and humid for me to even think about attending the race. haha), and I found the action to be very gripping. The last two laps, where Russell let slip 3rd place was quite a shocking moment. (puns intended)

Anyhow, this is the first Singapore GP whereby I didn't fall asleep! I liked the temporary layout, and hope they stick with it.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
F1 Vegas, man hole covers and their concrete enclosure that are failing have canceled practice. Plus world champion Max Verstappen said that the race was “99% show, 1% sport,. Yep like always boring.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
F1 Vegas, man hole covers and their concrete enclosure that are failing have canceled practice. Plus world champion Max Verstappen said that the race was “99% show, 1% sport,. Yep like always boring.
F1 responds as disappointed fans forced to exit Las Vegas circuit before FP2
F1 always follows the money. I've been watching some Youtubers livestream walks around Vegas and the construction has made a mess of vacations for many tourists. I also heard about F1 wanting to charge ridiculous amounts of money to store owners along the circuit, threatening to block views if they don't pay up. What a sh!t show. :D I'll probably watch the race any way but recorded to skip the commercials.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
F1 responds as disappointed fans forced to exit Las Vegas circuit before FP2
F1 always follows the money. I've been watching some Youtubers livestream walks around Vegas and the construction has made a mess of vacations for many tourists. I also heard about F1 wanting to charge ridiculous amounts of money to store owners along the circuit, threatening to block views if they don't pay up. What a sh!t show. :D I'll probably watch the race any way but recorded to skip the commercials.
Along those lines of excessive charges, apparently airports in the area are charging $3k per aircraft landing....

Vegas sure looks a poor choice for the F1 folk....

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Glad that fiasco is over, it'll be interesting to see how the lawsuits work out...........

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I doubt the lawsuit will get any traction. F1 has very deep pockets and as this was also a safety issue they had a responsibility to keep spectators safe. I read that they are only seeking $30,000 in damages, which is peanuts to F1, but they will fight this on principal.

EDIT: $30,0000 per spectator. ~$1B for the 35,000 present.

The race itself was actually pretty entertaining. Even the drivers commented that the racing was better than they had anticipated. I could have done with less spectacle though. Being Vegas, I knew ahead of time that everything was going to be over the top but eventually even the best commentators run out of meaningful things to say. Well, better get used to it because it's a 10 year deal.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis