Formating USB drives for transfer to Home Sony BDPlayer Issue....

Reesche

Reesche

Audiophyte
Hi you guys!

I have a couple questions concerning the Formating of USB Drives for a Sony BDP-S6700 Blu-Ray Player. We just replaced our Blu-Ray Player and are now noticing that when you bring the USB drive into the living room and plug it into the SONY BRP, it NOW displays (2) versions of the movies. One with a underscore_ and one version without. The underscore_ version does not play (No Playable File!)..... The version without does play. I am wondering if this has something to do with the formating of the USB drive, since it never use to do this. Note: When you load up the USB Drive, there are NOT (2) versions viewable on the USB on the MAC..... But these appear when you load the USB Drive on to the Sony BDPlayer.

Attached Screen Shots:

1. See Send 1:
Disk Utility- This is what OS 10.14.6 Mojave offers. I have alway used MS-DOS (FAT).... but it now also puts in the (2) Versions on to the USB drive in the living room. If you have several versions on the USB Drive it get confusing!

2. See Send 2: This is how it appears on the MAC when loaded up..... Note: only one version. By the way, what is "buda"?

3. See Send 3: A photo of what comes up on our new Sony BDP.....Note the Underscore_ version as well as the version that actually plays.

Is there anyway to alleviate this issue in the future? Format USB drives on a PC?

Sincerely,
Reesche

Attachments

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Just because your Mac doesn't show you a ._ file, doesn't mean that it didn't create that file. Yes, that file is on the thumb drive. Your Mac uses that file for information that pertains to the main .mp4 file. It is automatically created by your Mac operating system when you move the file into the thumb drive. There is likely a setting somewhere in your Mac that would allow you to see that file. Windows definitely hides these types of files by default, but you can change your settings to see hidden system files and folders and to see extensions of known file types. These are features I always turn on in Windows so I really know what files are in any folder or directory and so I can change file extensions if I need to.

Reesche

Reesche

Audiophyte
Can you tell me where to look for that setting on my MAC?

Reesche

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Glad you got that it was sarcastic humor. So often I have to explain that I was only joking. Took me more work to get you that LMGTFY link that just finding the original link, but I'm not a Apple guy so I don't know how the Macintosh ecosystem really works. A quick Google did show that it wasn't a very unique question though and that there are a lot of answers out there and some solutions on how to show those hidden files.

Have a good weekend! :D :D :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis