For the old AR gang....

FLZapped

FLZapped

Audioholic
In all this wrangling about testing, I suddenly realized something that points to another JR fallacy.....

Ya know how he has this sandbag tweak for CD players and is always preaching the evils of jitter....and then there is his constant harping about the great divide between SOTA and everything else...

Well, it dawned on me that he is trusting a computer soundcard and a CD drive in a computer to generate an extremely critical test signal which is burned onto an evil CD-R, none of which he identifies.

Something dudn't ad up here, do it? :rolleyes:

-Bruce

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I just found the post about ToddB's ouster. Good news :D. But it still doesn't change my mind about the other moderators at AR. Despite ericl's claims about not being a shill for advertisers, that forum is still being run as a marketing data source for their clients, who may or may not also be advertisers. That is the motivation behind his desire for increased forum traffic.

About argueing so long with JR, I don't know whether you deserve an award or a dope slap. I guess you did good. But I also think debating with him is about the same as argueing the benefits of screendoors on submarines.

FLZapped

FLZapped

Audioholic
Swerd said:
I just found the post about ToddB's ouster. Good news :D. But it still doesn't change my mind about the other moderators at AR. Despite ericl's claims about not being a shill for advertisers, that forum is still being run as a marketing data source for their clients, who may or may not also be advertisers. That is the motivation behind his desire for increased forum traffic.

About argueing so long with JR, I don't know whether you deserve an award or a dope slap. I guess you did good. But I also think debating with him is about the same as argueing the benefits of screendoors on submarines.
Yeah, but didn't ya know that if you cross polarize......

hahahahaha.

-Bruce

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis