For the love of god or whoever … VOTE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
That's the part that confuses me. Where's the law and order with storming one of the most important buildings in the country?
That's my point exactly.. To be perfectly blunt , there were a bunch of social misfits harvested and unleashed on our democracy.. Most of whom are unthinking rhetoric spewing fools with no ability of forethought or sense of irony...

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Isn't it quite literally one of the reasons they exist?
Warehousing of minorities is an economics issue .. Prisons (many privately run, for profit) are funded based on capacity.. Police * need* criminals to justify overfunding...and white folks going to jail is bad pr for upper class corrupt legislators

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
If Esper was fired for not invoking the Insurrection Act and deploying active duty troops, is this a sign that Trump is thinking about attempting to use the military to defy the election results? i.e. is he trying to send a signal to the military that they need to obey him or be fired in a desperate bid to turn the United States into a banana republic in his image?

I doubt it, but I have wondered what he is capable of. When push comes to shove, the military is our last line of defense with regards to the rule of law.
Here we go:

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Amen to that and thankful the 'wicked witch' is gone .....
... and hopefully soon, straight to the hoosegow.

Michael Cohen, another of of his sycophants, was quoted in his book and confirmed by others in the room to the NY Times, who were trying to convince him, including his wife & children, not to run for president, fearing a backlash to the Trump Org. and the 'Trump' brand.

He brushed them all off by stating that 'this would be the greatest free infomercial of all time', since he himself didn't believe he would win the presidency, since he wasn't qualified. As he's always fond of saying, 'what do I have to lose?'

Hopefully his freedom, since he's always ready to lock people up who disagree with him.

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
At least Melania wasn't in our faces all the time :) Good riddance for sure.
Ah yes, Melania "I don't really care, do you" T Rump....Lets see, a Soviet Model? Model eh? Yeah right....Let's ask Stormy Daniels if Melania was really a "model" or something a bit closer to Stormy's profession.

Personally, I have nothing against that profession (one of the oldest professions on earth!) and it should be fully legalized, vulnerable practitioners of that profession should have full protections under the law like they do in the Netherlands, etc, etc. But, we need to get the facts straight about what Melania's real profession was.

But, man....what a thing....From Soviet "practitioner of a certain profession" ....to billionaire alimony someday ......to American First Lady!!

jinjuku

jinjuku

I would like to remember how we got here initially, and I would like to remind some people that voting works, it's transparent, and it will never be 100% error free.

We've a huge amount of work to do as a country to come together.

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
I would like to remember how we got here initially, and I would like to remind some people that voting works, it's transparent, and it will never be 100% error free.

If history teaches us anything, it is that many countries that got very polarized have split apart.

If a dude from Massachusetts and a dude from Louisiana can't agree on anything and it continues in this direction, i fear that one day the country will split apart.

Even as early as the 70s, 80s, 90s, people on both sides agreed/disagreed on things in a civil manner. But, Reagan would look like a liberal commie to the MAGA Patrioterrorists these days. The orange fascist adderall snorter appears to have permanently altered the thought process of a segment of the population. He has permanently boosted their hate to unprecedented levels.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General

The only time “unity” is a goal in America is when there are perceived threats to the “American way of life.” Even then, the call for unity, or coming together, simply means can we go back to the day before things got so bad.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I hope the significance of Kamala Harris being sworn in isn't overlooked... This was 110 years of work... It was overdue....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I hope the significance of Kamala Harris being sworn in isn't overlooked... This was 110 years of work... It was overdue....
Was just having a conversation with a neighbor that has some drumpf supporters in his family and did some work for one recently....one of their biggest fears is that Joe is gonna die and leave Kamala in charge. Freaking them the f*ck out! How did the US get so stupid?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

Will that be possible?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Ah yes, Melania "I don't really care, do you" T Rump....Lets see, a Soviet Model? Model eh? Yeah right....Let's ask Stormy Daniels if Melania was really a "model" or something a bit closer to Stormy's profession.

Personally, I have nothing against that profession (one of the oldest professions on earth!) and it should be fully legalized, vulnerable practitioners of that profession should have full protections under the law like they do in the Netherlands, etc, etc. But, we need to get the facts straight about what Melania's real profession was.

But, man....what a thing....From Soviet "practitioner of a certain profession" ....to billionaire alimony someday ......to American First Lady!!
Slovenian. They were overrun by the Soviets. Big difference- call someone from a country that was controlled by the USSR and I think you would be surprised by the reaction.

How would you view the sexual activities and appetites of JFK and Bill Clinton?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Slovenian. They were overrun by the Soviets. Big difference- call someone from a country that was controlled by the USSR and I think you would be surprised by the reaction.

I have a little bit of sympathy for Melania. While she may be a gold-digger (why else would she have married Trump?) and made some awful gaffs ("I Really Don't Care. Do You?"), she never sought the position she was thrust into. And, the criticism heaped on her over the last four years is out of proportion to any she may have earned.

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic

I am no repressed puritan and if a president or first lady wants to bada bing bada boom with a consenting adult, so be it, it has no impact on policy. Donnie, Melania, Clinton or JFK can bang whoever they want if the other party is willing. But, extra marital banging can have consequences and they could end up in divorce court. It should not be a impeachable offense or anything of that sort.

So if Melania wanted to have gigolos on call because the orange lardass couldn't get it up, that's fine with me. But,. I also said earlier that i have nothing against that profession. I believe that prostitution should be completely legal and many vulnerable women who practice that profession every day should have safety and full protection of the law (there are many deviants out there who do terrible things to prostitutes and the women have very li't recourse)

Let's get to the topic of the USSR. What was the most diverse country that existed in the history of mankind? Ah yes, it was the Soviet Union (literally most of Asia).
Let's see, the entire West wanted it gone and ganged up against it. At some point, the sanctions against the USSR were so severe that almost 85% of the world economy was locked away from it. And still, that country managed to remain a superpower. If sanctions of that magnitude were implemented against a Brit in capitalist Britain, for instance, he would've eaten his dog outta hunger too. So this is the kool-aid history you were always told after the entire west ganged up with economics sanctions, embargoes, etc to make life as miserable as for the common Soviet citizen. And then, they told you it was all because of communism correct? mmhmm.

I am a old school aerospace engineer and i've known many a engineer, professer, etc who grew up in the Soviet Union. Yes, many were displaced, got jobs elsewhere in Europe, N.America etc and i got my scoop from very smart people who grew up there. In fact, when a people's referendum was given to Soviet citizens on whether they should break up or not, more than 80% of Soviet citizens voted to keep it intact. If their lives were so miserable because of communism, they wouldn't have done so, would they? IF you went to Russia now, life is miserable anywhere outside of a couple of major cities. Ask any old person there if life was better under the Soviet Union, they would say so and they would also tell your that Gorbachev was the ultimate traitor who broke up their country after he was bought by the West.

It is the victors of a war that always write history. The ones who lost the war don't get to write it. So, there will always be many factual inaccuracies in history books (primarily glorifying the victor and completely demonizing the side that lost).

I know for a fact that if the United States and the Soviets had become friends instead and cooperated in the sciences/tech/etc, a solution to most global problems (starvation, pollution, whatever) would have been achieved by now. They were highly educated and had some of the sharpest minds. It's a shame really.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I am no repressed puritan and if a president or first lady wants to bada bing bada boom with a consenting adult, so be it, it has no impact on policy. Donnie, Melania, Clinton or JFK can bang whoever they want if the other party is willing. But, extra marital banging can have consequences and they could end up in divorce court. It should not be a impeachable offense or anything of that sort.

So if Melania wanted to have gigolos on call because the orange lardass couldn't get it up, that's fine with me. But,. I also said earlier that i have nothing against that profession. I believe that prostitution should be completely legal and many vulnerable women who practice that profession every day should have safety and full protection of the law (there are many deviants out there who do terrible things to prostitutes and the women have very li't recourse)

Let's get to the topic of the USSR. What was the most diverse country that existed in the history of mankind? Ah yes, it was the Soviet Union (literally most of Asia).
Let's see, the entire West wanted it gone and ganged up against it. At some point, the sanctions against the USSR were so severe that almost 85% of the world economy was locked away from it. And still, that country managed to remain a superpower. If sanctions of that magnitude were implemented against a Brit in capitalist Britain, for instance, he would've eaten his dog outta hunger too. So this is the kool-aid history you were always told after the entire west ganged up with economics sanctions, embargoes, etc to make life as miserable as for the common Soviet citizen. And then, they told you it was all because of communism correct? mmhmm.

I am a old school aerospace engineer and i've known many a engineer, professer, etc who grew up in the Soviet Union. Yes, many were displaced, got jobs elsewhere in Europe, N.America etc and i got my scoop from very smart people who grew up there. In fact, when a people's referendum was given to Soviet citizens on whether they should break up or not, more than 80% of Soviet citizens voted to keep it intact. If their lives were so miserable because of communism, they wouldn't have done so, would they? IF you went to Russia now, life is miserable anywhere outside of a couple of major cities. Ask any old person there if life was better under the Soviet Union, they would say so and they would also tell your that Gorbachev was the ultimate traitor who broke up their country after he was bought by the West.

It is the victors of a war that always write history. The ones who lost the war don't get to write it. So, there will always be many factual inaccuracies in history books (primarily glorifying the victor and completely demonizing the side that lost).

I know for a fact that if the United States and the Soviets had become friends instead and cooperated in the sciences/tech/etc, a solution to most global problems (starvation, pollution, whatever) would have been achieved by now. They were highly educated and had some of the sharpest minds. It's a shame really.
I have a friend who came here from Kiev and his customer base is largely Russian- the ones who left wanted a different system, the ones who wanted it to remain either had some kind of higher skill set/education level and benefited in ways the lower classes didn't. He went back for a vacation and said that he was very surprised- the people were a lot happier and much more helpful than when he lived there. Said the crime is still bad, but generally, it was much better.

I agree about the education, but that wasn't only in the former USSR- it was better (especially better than what the US is providing the majority of students now) from what I have seen, in all former Communist countries. My friend and I were talking about the sad state of US education and he told me that when he was there, the expectation wasn't that most students would go on to college, they would go to work and because they didn't want people without adequate education, they learned more by the time they left than many US schools teach in high school and rather than test in the way the US does (and teach for the tests), they went up to the front of the class for one on one exams with the teachers asking the questions- no notes, covering all subjects and they would do the work needed for Math & Physics/Chemistry, etc on the chalkboard. A woman who had a cell phone/tablet repair business in this same store had come from USSR and couldn't get a job in her degreed discipline- Mechanical Engineering. She said the reason she couldn't get a job is because the colleges wouldn't give her credit for the courses she had taken, regardless of the fact that she could demonstrate her knowledge and because of the fact that she couldn't get a diploma from a US-based college/university, she decided "Screw it- I'll start a business".

They aren't the only ones I know who came from Communist countries- in freshman high school Algebra, the kid next to me had come to the US from Prague in '69- he and his brother were freaking brilliant, too. They were clearly not fans of the Communist regime- we had a Q&A session and after someone asked about life in Prague, he sneered and said "We didn't live, we existed". The school wouldn't let him test out of this class, apparently because they thought his education was inferior to what he would have received here, but he toughed it out and finally convinced them to find out what he knew. When they saw the results, they sheepishly said "We're sorry, we have nothing for you , here". He finished his Math & Science classes at Marquette University and tutored or did independent study at our school.

As usual, it's not the people who don't get along, it's the governments. While the Cold War was the biggest waste in history, it also brought some amazing technical advances. We wouldn't be communicating now with the same ease, if DARPA hadn't developed IT. It would have come along but maybe not when it did.

I'm under no illusions about how wrong we and much of the rest of the World has been- as you wrote, we should have cooperated instead of fighting- if we had, we wouldn't have a single empty stomach. I do, however, think that if everyone received the same from governments, I doubt we would have seen the advances that have come from people with better ideas but I don't like rampant greed, either.

WRT the moral lapses of Presidents, etc- I think that people who act like they're on a high moral plane should demonstrate it. I would prefer that they not do this in office- let them do it on their own time.

Can you say where you worked, or did you have security agreements that prevent it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis