For Personal DVD Backups IMPORTANT.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
If by chance you back up your home dvd's onto dvd-+r. Today is a sad day for us. :( :( Just read that the author of DVD Decrypter on 6-9-05, has been forced by a unnamed company (alleged Sony), to give up all his work, code, website, etc.. Or he will either face a expensive court battle, and or go to jail, and still lose all of the above.
There are quite a few places that have the LAST VERSION THAT WILL BE AVAILABLE :eek: . It is FREE :) , and works superb for putting a dvd on your hard drive and backing up your collection. The last version to get is v3.5.4.0 here is a link for now, do not know how long it will be up. The company there states they will not take it down. But I have my doubts.
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
That is really bad news. I wonder if this is going to effect DVD Shrink as well? Isn't DVD Decrypter embeded into it?

I always thought the author of DVD Decrypter would be able to crack HD or BD DVD encryption quickly. Let's hope he did and has the code saved somewhere safe. ;)

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Duffinator said:
That is really bad news. I wonder if this is going to effect DVD Shrink as well? Isn't DVD Decrypter embeded into it?

I always thought the author of DVD Decrypter would be able to crack HD or BD DVD encryption quickly. Let's hope he did and has the code saved somewhere safe. ;)
Sad I know.
No it will not effect DVD shrink as this is not breaking the CSS code. And it was never imbedded into DVD decrypter.
Allegedly he did break it, but that may just be hype for the sad news... :( :(

Duffinator

Duffinator

The other way around, I thought DVD Shrink had DVD Decrypter in it. Have you used DVD Shrink?

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
But of course, dvd shrink is great.
The only way, if by chance you have seen the 2 combined. Is because they have been open source. So somewhere, someone may have intergrated them.
But I have never seen it.
The authors of both have never put them together.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Thanks.

Well maybe it's time to download the latest version of DVD Shrink as well. Thanks for the link as I had not read about what happened.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
It's a sad day indeed.

DVDshrink is no longer under development. Now DVDdecrypter is gone.

But there will always be others.

Sony sucked big time on this one. :mad:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis