D

dannyse99

Audiophyte
Has audioholics or anyone else have experience with these speakers? The visual on them look great but I was wondering on the quality of sound as well. Just wondering

AVUser001

AVUser001

Full Audioholic
Have no concerns on the Focal Chora line, owning the Focal Chorus 826 myself..,enjoy them in my HT, but I'd shy away from top mounted Dolby atmos speakers like that (what Gene calls it "bouncy house speakers") and go for speakers mounted on the ceiling for your atmos channels.

Maybe look at the Focal Chorus 826 + Ceiling speakers, if you like the sound of Focals at this price range..and you should hear them yourself , in your own room , if possible or atleast in a well treated demo room.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@KEW might have some experience with those or at least similar. I agree, they're gorgeous and I'll bet they sound as good as they look. Also agree with @AVUser001 about avoiding the bouncy house speakers. They're not nearly as effective as having them in ceiling and you're paying extra for it.

AVUser001

AVUser001

Full Audioholic
SQ wise, if they sound anything like my Focal Chorus 826V, I'll take it ..beautiful presentation across the spectrum, but seems the current version of Chora line uses Slatefiber for woofer/midrange and priced lower ($2k/pair new) than the previous Chorus 826V(3.5K pair then and got them on sale)..,so am not sure how they compare without hearing them.
Tweeter is the same, so you'd still get the same accurate reproduction, clear and crisp without being harsh. Obviously the Arias, the next up , sounded a lot better than the Chorus, so maybe look at those used instead of buying a new pair of Chora ( that's what I'd do , if I were you, if you want to stick to this budget).

Suggest auditioning ..,as sq can be subjective.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis