Focal Aria 906 vs Kef q550

B

BrianC

Junior Audioholic
I've heard the q550's and liked them very much, and they're on sale for $1k. I've never heard the Focals, but have read enough to wish I could, for about the same $. I loathe packing up speakers and sending them back, and there's no local focal dealers near me.

I mostly care about music although they will be used for ht as well, in my med/large room, which has a large powerful sub, so bottom end is no issue.

I'm curious if anyone here has any strong opinions regarding either of these models, and any relevant comparisons. I know its all about what my ears prefer, but im interested in what you prefer and why...

Thanks

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Am I missing something or are you comparing towers vs bookshelves?

Focal Aria 906 2-Way Bass Reflex Bookshelf Speakers - Pair | World Wide Stereo

I have no experience with world wide stereo, but they are an authorized reseller, have a 60 day return policy (check rules their may be restocking fees etc, so may not be good)

My buddy was considering the Q550s, but ended up with the B&W 603 Anniversary Edition. You are note really comparing apples against apples, so not sure to advise which direction to go. The link has the Focal's for 1K if you decide to go with those.

B

BrianC

Junior Audioholic
Am I missing something or are you comparing towers vs bookshelves?

Focal Aria 906 2-Way Bass Reflex Bookshelf Speakers - Pair | World Wide Stereo

I have no experience with world wide stereo, but they are an authorized reseller, have a 60 day return policy (check rules their may be restocking fees etc, so may not be good)

My buddy was considering the Q550s, but ended up with the B&W 603 Anniversary Edition. You are note really comparing apples against apples, so not sure to advise which direction to go. The link has the Focal's for 1K if you decide to go with those.

Many reviews on the focals suggest they offer a huge Soundstage and do in fact compare reasonably well to small towers, and are capable of filling a larger room. Do you have any experience with either speaker?

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I can vouch for the 906. I have a pair and really enjoy them. Easy to power and can rock out if needed. Tweets are very smooth and refined. The driver is an interesting material and really sets it self apart with string instruments. It is interesting to compare them against my canton ventos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis