Fluance Signature Series Speakers Preview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
With their Signature Series, Fluance has added new models to the top of their speaker line. With amazing high-end looks and features at unbelievably low prices, these are already on our list for "speakers we must hear this year."

From Premium drivers to well braced cabinets, read on to see why we believe the Fluance Signature Series has the potential to be something really special.

Read: Fluance Signature Series Speakers Preview

What do these speakers remind you of? Have you seen a speaker with this driver compliment and great aesthetics at this price before?

We believe these can be a new benchmark and look forward to conducting a formal review.

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I agree Gene that the new Fluance speakers do look really good. If they sound half as good as they look, then they surely will be a bargain. Really looking forward to some reviews. Just a bit confused as to why Fluance chose 8" drivers as opposed 6" or even 7". To me the 8" drivers are a bit odd to use. Of course, I may feel a bit differently once reviews start rolling in.

Cheers,

Phil

B

bommai

Audioholic Intern
When are you going to be able to review these speakers? My current setup include Klipsch RF5, RC7 center, and RS35 surrounds. I have a NAD T775 receiver. I am getting tired of the Klipsch sound and wanted to try something else without spending too much money, however, I don't want to give up any sound quality. Will these be a downgrade in sound quality compared to the RF5. I love the RC7 center and it has two 8 inch woofers. The Fluance Signature equivalent center channel is tiny compared to this, but timbre matching is important.

M

M Midnight

Audioholic Intern
With their Signature Series, Fluance has added new models to the top of their speaker line. With amazing high-end looks and features at unbelievably low prices, these are already on our list for "speakers we must hear this year."

From Premium drivers to well braced cabinets, read on to see why we believe the Fluance Signature Series has the potential to be something really special.

Read: Fluance Signature Series Speakers Preview

What do these speakers remind you of? Have you seen a speaker with this driver compliment and great aesthetics at this price before?

We believe these can be a new benchmark and look forward to conducting a formal review.

Very impressed they might have what it takes to knock the mighty RBH R55TI's out of the bang for buck throne..................we will see

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Looks very interesting. I can't wait to read some reviews on this.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, it is surely a bit high crossover point. But, who knows there may be a reason(s) behind why it is so high. Time will tell.

Cheers,

Phil
My first assumption would be to protect a wimpy tweeter, soooo...

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I wonder how they will stack up against the Andrew Jones designed Pioneers.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
The 6500Hz crossover for the 5" woofer is a strange design choice!
Indeed, that pretty much guarantees beaming will be an issue with the bookshelf. I wonder if it's a mistake in the spec page though, given that the towers utilize a much more reasonable 2.3kHz cross to the tweeter.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
My first assumption would be to protect a wimpy tweeter, soooo...
Seth, that could very well be. Superior tweeters designs usually have a much lower cross-over point. So, it will be interesting to see. Looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I wonder how they will stack up against the Andrew Jones designed Pioneers.
Very good question. I would also like to throw in the Sony Core speakers. My guess, the Sony Core will come out on top! Yes, they are that good imho. Still hard for me to believe, but the Sony Core impressed me. That question is, however, how good will the new Fluance speakers be compared to the Cores?

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Indeed, that pretty much guarantees beaming will be an issue with the bookshelf. I wonder if it's a mistake in the spec page though, given that the towers utilize a much more reasonable 2.3kHz cross to the tweeter.
It could be a typo. But, who really knows. But, YOU bring up a good point. I sure hope it is a typo. Speaking of the new Fluance towers, I think they should have gone with 6 1/2" or even 7" mid-basses imho. They sure look very nice though. The question is, will they sound just as good as they look?

Cheers,

Phil

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Very good question. I would also like to throw in the Sony Core speakers. My guess, the Sony Core will come out on top! Yes, they are that good imho. Still hard for me to believe, but the Sony Core impressed me. That question is, however, how good will the new Fluance speakers be compared to the Cores?

Cheers,

Phil
IMHO, the Sony Core surpasses the Pioneers.
Of course, the Pioneers cost about 60% of the Cores.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
LOL!
Maybe the wave guide of the tweeter beams so much that they needed to get the mid-woof up to 6.5k for a matching timbre!:rolleyes:

J/K, if it needs saying!

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
LOL!
Maybe the wave guide of the tweeter beams so much that they needed to get the mid-woof up to 6.5k for a matching timbre!:rolleyes:

J/K, if it needs saying!
Fluance historically has not had timbre matched series speakers, this is one of the few times they have had tower speakers and bookshelf speakers that match aesthetically.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
IMHO, the Sony Core surpasses the Pioneers.
Of course, the Pioneers cost about 60% of the Cores.
I agree the Sony Cores by far are better than the AJ Poineers. Just curious to see how they would stack up against the new Fluance Signature Series speakers. My guess, the Cores will easily come out on top! But, I could also be wrong as I have been before....LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

theboogeydown

theboogeydown

Enthusiast
FWIW, I just ordered a pair and without even asking they offered me a 10% discount. Free 30 day trial and free ship both ways, how can you go wrong?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis