Florida man dumped from wheel chair by the police

jinjuku

jinjuku

Brain Sterner, a C6 quadrapalegic was dumped out of a wheel chair by a deputy who simply didn't believe him.

LINK

Now I understand that there can be a bad apple everyonce in a while, but NO other officer does anything to help and one actually has an amused smirk on his face. Tells you that this sort of treatment is par for the course and not an isolated incedent.

I believe this is in the same county were they tazed that college student. There are alot of you here from Florida, what are the cops and departments down there like?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
EDIT: I think...

HOLY ****! That guy was on AH!

Brian32672.

****ing cop, I hope Brian gets a huuuge settlement!

WOW!

SheepStar

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Brain Sterner, a C6 quadrapalegic was dumped out of a wheel chair by a deputy who simply didn't believe him.

LINK

Now I understand that there can be a bad apple everyonce in a while, but NO other officer does anything to help and one actually has an amused smirk on his face. Tells you that this sort of treatment is par for the course and not an isolated incedent.

I believe this is in the same county were they tazed that college student. There are alot of you here from Florida, what are the cops and departments down there like?
Like everywhere else you've got good professional officers and then you have those that became officers for the wrong reasons (power trip, pension, delinquents), in the 80s the City of Miami Police Department was plagued by a "gang" of cops that would rip off cocaine cowboys and lower ranked drug dealers, take them to the Miami River and dump them (dead of course) take the dope and sell it themselves. You can Google Miami River Cops, Miami has a fascinating history.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I've spoken with him on the phone, and that sounds EXACTLY like him...

SheepStar

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
EDIT: I think...

HOLY ****! That guy was on AH!

Brian32672.

****ing cop, I hope Brian gets a huuuge settlement!

WOW!

SheepStar
Are you sure????? Man that would be a tragedy close to home.:(

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Are you sure????? Man that would be a tragedy close to home.:(
Very sure... It was over the phone, but that's his voice.

Jin,

He has/had an attitude problem. He was mad because he never won any forum contest, when some people would win multiple times each month. I think his been back but I don't know for sure.

SheepStar

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
That turned my stomach. How can they do that to a guy in a wheelchair. He should sue the crap out of all of them.:mad:

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Very disturbing. I cannot recall any instances of such attitudes by the police in Brevard. However, the people in the worst areas may feel differently.

Dealing with areas populated with violent criminals can sometimes bring out the excesses but this is certainly an outrageous humiliation and abuse of authority.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Some cops are just stupid, they are 100% wrong in this case. There was no reason for them to do that at all.:mad:

Matt34

Matt34

I've spoken with him on the phone, and that sounds EXACTLY like him...

SheepStar
I've spoke with him numerous times myself but I don't think that's him, I'll verify to be sure though.

Lightning Steve

Lightning Steve

Audioholic
In NO way am I condoning what the police did, but isn't someone who is a quad unable to use their arms? In the video the guy in the chair uses his arms several times, plus on the news they said he was driving. Again I am not condoning the police action just curious.

Matt34

Matt34

In NO way am I condoning what the police did, but isn't someone who is a quad unable to use their arms? In the video the guy in the chair uses his arms several times, plus on the news they said he was driving. Again I am not condoning the police action just curious.
In most cases yes, I asked my wife the difference and she said that some quads have limited movement of their arms. Which looked like the case for this individual.

Sheep it's not the Brian we are thinking of. I have him in my contacts and that is not his last name.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
In most cases yes, I asked my wife the difference and she said that some quads have limited movement of their arms. Which looked like the case for this individual.

Sheep it's not the Brian we are thinking of. I have him in my contacts and that is not his last name.
Oh, well that is just the biggest coincidence ever. Would have been nice for Brian to get a nice settlement like that.

SheepStar

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
At C6 he would have quite a bit of arm function, but limited hand function. It is the C3/4s who are even more tragic. They only have a little shoulder function.

A C6 Quad can drive an adapted vehicle, and can use an electric wheel chair with a hand control. The higher level quads, need to use sip and puff or a head array to control wheel chairs etc.

Police have mutated over the years. Basically they are the ticketing-wing of the local government's budget. That means that instead of "protect and serve", it's more like "get out there and bring in money for us". In my opinion, police have gone down the same road as inner city teachers. You have some real good ones in a sea of pathetic losers who couldn't get a job anywhere else.

In our city, they will sit on a street giving out speeding tickets but won't cruise the bad part of town where prostitution and drugs are known to be cause it's "out of the way".

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Although I can understand being cautious as criminals and people in general use all kinds of dirty tricks, this seems a bit much.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall

LINK

That guy was arrested after attempting to evade police and leading them in a car chase!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He should consider himself lucky he wasn't shot and killed while behind the wheel of his car!! I feel no pity for scum like that....... He's lucky he didn't kill anyone during the chase.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis