Floorstanding speakers below $1500

S

Sylar

Full Audioholic
What are my choices for Floorstanding speakers below $1500?
Usage is for music only

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan

Bookshelves version

While the sale lasts

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Aren't you in India? Or am I misremembering that? That can make a difference as to availability....but best you tell us what your choices are in any case if so.

S

Sylar

Full Audioholic
Aren't you in India? Or am I misremembering that? That can make a difference as to availability....but best you tell us what your choices are in any case if so.
Living in India. Will be purchasing a subwoofer.

Here are some of the choices available.
SVS, PSB, Paradigm, Polk, Energy, B&W, KEF, Klipsch, Boston Acoustic, Wharfdale, Dali, Elac, Phase Technology, Magnepan, Focal, Monitor Audio, Mordaunt Short, Q Acoustics, REL, Revel, Tannoy.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
What would a pair of Canton Chrono SL

SVS, PSB, Paradigm, Polk, Energy, B&W, KEF, Klipsch, Boston Acoustic, Wharfdale, Dali, Elac, Phase Technology, Magnepan, Focal, Monitor Audio, Mordaunt Short, Q Acoustics, REL, Revel, Tannoy.
What about Canton Chrono SL-596.2 8" tower speaker?
Or Chrono SL-576.2 6" tower since you will use a subwoofer?

S

Sylar

Full Audioholic
What would a pair of Canton Chrono SL

What about Canton Chrono SL-596.2 8" tower speaker?
Or Chrono SL-576.2 6" tower since you will use a subwoofer?
That's not available back here.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

I don't know how your pricing might compare, but here in the US, Paradigm makes pretty good stuff, but the price is too high for what you get, IMHO.
B&W is not as good as it should be for the price.
As far as I know, Energy (under the ownership of Klipsch) is no longer innovating or even making products in your price range! Aside from their Energy Take 5.1 (which is not bad for the price if you are forced to get a HTiB mini-speaker system), I think they are essentially out of the business.
Those are the ones I have an opinion on, and my exposure to them is getting a bit obsolete (maybe 3 years ago).

Klipsch can be pretty good, but I feel they are a brand you should definitely listen to before committing to them!

Otherwise a lot of good solid names in their so see what others have to say.

Based on reputation, I would want to give Revel a good listen, but I think they are pushing your budget limits!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

All of those have model choices within your budget? Which ones particularly?

S

Sylar

Full Audioholic
All of those have model choices within your budget? Which ones particularly?
Almost all of these brands have speakers within the budget. Many of them can be auditioned as Most of these dealers are in my city. If we have a recommended list would be great during audition.

We are also open to bookshelves, a sub will be used.

R

rgbbhat72

Junior Audioholic
Hi I am in Mumbai and could get you good deals on Fyne Audio, Polk as well as B&W. I am not a dealer but passionate about HT. let me know if u want any help.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
You should audition PSB. This brand is famous for making solid performing speakers which are equally adept in both music and HT applications. Theres a reason I have all my systems built using PSB speakers.

AVUser001

AVUser001

Full Audioholic
I'm very happy about my Focals for music ..what models of Focals do you have access to ?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis