D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I have a new addiction to these home remakes. I'm a tile, wood floor, traditional, classic type, but not really modern as these are. They are beautiful, but identify much more with old. If its antique and can be refurbed then it's for me. Colonial, victorian maybe. The one area that I probably favor new is windows vs the old wood. The one I watched recently was "Galveston" something or other. A fair amount of recycled stuff with the modern. Holmes & Holmes I like for the pa's experience. You don't necessarily have to be there doing the grunt work, but the show with the twin brothers, well they're wearing these new and clean shirts and it looks phony seeing them working. They are remodeling some really good looking homes and the turnaround I don't see. In a little way if the decorations are making the home than that's a problem to me. I like trim, and while painted walls is good and all, if it's too much than it feels to me like the secondary items are covering the bland. Flip or Flop is a good one too. They don't really do the work but have the vision. I suppose This Old House was sorta the springboard for what is now many shows devoted to this. Bargain Mansions is another one. She's very hands on. The shows where the buyer pics the best of 3 hmmm.....better hope they pick well. I imagine they get a good discount by having the show come in. House In A Hurry is an interesting angle on what I'm sure is a samey tv market.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
This Old House- C'mon, an automatic toilet that lifts the seats and a sprayer for your back side?!?! It's getting a little ridiculous. Yanno like lift the toilet seat! :rolleyes:

Can't remember the show but an episode with one of the most beautiful brick sides I'd ever seen but as soon as you enter you're literally lost not knowing where rooms are LOL. The configuration was that bad. There was this narrow hallway with like six doors that gets clumsy once doors are opened at the same time LOL.:)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Tarek el Moussa is the guy from Flip or Flop. He's flipped hundreds of houses and now has a 101 show on flipping where he gets paid to give novice flippers advice. I'm stunned by some of the things like deciding not to have cabinets in the kitchen because your trying to save money, or not laying sod to save money. They eventually laid down grass seed, should've done so months back, but originally the guy wanted it to remain basically mostly dirt for a lawn. Sods usually the best though for new sale esthetics. I think the show's going for the happy ending or they're just getting lucky and finding a buyer. I LOL at the L-shaped beam in the middle of the open space which blocks the view from the entrance to the kitchen. Tarek is like 'Just have a pole.' She's like nah I'll put this two foot wide L-thing there. Blocks everything. I think that was the house without no cabinets, dirt patches etc. Gives "a guy", not a licensed construction worker, $1500 to do demo. No show. Like, REALLY?!?! Some of this stuff is common sense. Keep the existing floor plan because of plumbing etc unless you absolutely have to. Saves a lot of time and money.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Husband and wife have six kids. I know! Lets by a 560K house with the agreement we can't see the inside. It's a hoarder house that had 260 rabbits. Somehow they make 100K profit. Feels like its made up or something.... previous episode a couple put the entire 2.35 million purchase on the loan. Usually you have the loan and the upgrades come outta your pocket. Like WTF? Previous episode, your buying basically a new house, well newly upgraded, and the tile looks fucked up. WTF??? How do you sell it? Beyond me.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Middle aged lady buys a Cali house on the hills for 920K. I think it becomes overwhelming and you just freeze. She decided to take a two week vacation. Tarek is like WTF! You can't do that! Anyway, long story short, she sells it for 2.1 mill and makes a profit of 725K. It was mostly for the view.

Previous ep and this couple buy a 1+ million dollar house. Has three levels and each has a balcony. Pretty cool, but six months later and it still looks the same: gutted.

Don't know what you're doing and you get an architect and a general contractor. Don't borrow money from your folks for your flips. But these rules are consistently broken. They get by often without thankfully, but at the same time they don't deserve to.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Love It, or List It-

I was hoping to bump into this episode. Beautiful brown brick with a little bit of mixture to it. On the inside the layout is so bizarre to be believed. Couple said the first time they toured they got lost in it LOL. Go down a 15 foot hallway that's shoulder wide and there's 3 doors. Bathroom has a large sink, shower, tub, but also has closet doors and two other doors that lead to other rooms. Master bedroom is huge and long but nearly half is useless space. 3400 sq ft but oddly made. One large section followed by a narrow section to travel to the other large section. Trees and a wildernessy feel but the shade provides little grass. Hillary Farr is an amazing designer IMO to see how she can make sense of this. There's also two fireplaces exactly on the other side of each other. One is in the wall while the other a brick one that really protrudes from the living space LOL.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
This Old House- C'mon, an automatic toilet that lifts the seats and a sprayer for your back side?!?! It's getting a little ridiculous. Yanno like lift the toilet seat! :rolleyes:

Can't remember the show but an episode with one of the most beautiful brick sides I'd ever seen but as soon as you enter you're literally lost not knowing where rooms are LOL. The configuration was that bad. There was this narrow hallway with like six doors that gets clumsy once doors are opened at the same time LOL.:)
You would be amazed by the number of people who want those toilets.

highfigh

highfigh

Middle aged lady buys a Cali house on the hills for 920K. I think it becomes overwhelming and you just freeze. She decided to take a two week vacation. Tarek is like WTF! You can't do that! Anyway, long story short, she sells it for 2.1 mill and makes a profit of 725K. It was mostly for the view.

Previous ep and this couple buy a 1+ million dollar house. Has three levels and each has a balcony. Pretty cool, but six months later and it still looks the same: gutted.

Don't know what you're doing and you get an architect and a general contractor. Don't borrow money from your folks for your flips. But these rules are consistently broken. They get by often without thankfully, but at the same time they don't deserve to.
The last Milwaukee County Executive bought house overlooking Lake Michigan-

Then, he did this-

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Flip or Flop- bought a house on the spot without looking at the house. Doing a tour of the place and the camera shows a used toilet LOL hahahaha.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Buy a hoarder house and there's a six foot bird cage LOL. Reminds of the show Hoarders and the woman was having a hard time letting go of her dead cat tucked in the fridge with no eyes LOL.:oops::)

highfigh

highfigh

Flip or Flop- bought a house on the spot without looking at the house. Doing a tour of the place and the camera shows a used toilet LOL hahahaha.
Used, how recently?

Asking for a friend.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Seriously? And they knew people would be shooting video?
Some more funny ones. Episode where they pan down twice on to toilets hahaha. Thanx, I poured my coffee down the drain. ;)

Flip or Flop- funny watching Tarek doing demo. Purely for the camera. C'mon, dude doesn't do remodeling work. He's the brains of the operation. It's funny watching him in later years come in with his designer clothing. A large windbreaker type coat he wears is completely odd with the environment. I think he's probably showcasing it for designers.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Vanilla Ice Project- a home renovation show. Think my life stopped for a second.:) with some rap/hip hop in the background. :cool:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis