First pic of the new room

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
A work in progress....

Makes my rack look kinda small. Not sure where all my DVDs are going to go...missing from this room still are about half of my 300+ CDs and most of my 350+ DVDs... Just painted the facing wall grey, and not sure what the rest of the walls are going to be, but something neutral-warm.

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
Makes my rack look kinda small.
You're better off with a small rack. ;)

Nice set up J. I don't think I'd ever seen the G/R's before. They look great. DId you finish those, or did they?

And seeing that Marantz there put an ache in my heart. I miss my 8400. It's since been replaced by a Denon 3805, but for me, there's just something about Marantz. I'd love to get another 8400, or 7500/8500. But alas.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
GR's cabinet maker at the time built them in a nice medium cherry finish. The surrounds are black though.

Now that I have the PS3, I'll be looking to replace the trusy old 8300 with something that has HDMI this year. Marantz will be the first place I'll be looking, though I'm not sure the current 8001's HDMI will work for me. I think I'll wait until the end of the year to see what the next model will have and I also won't be counting out other brands...Rotel maybe?

I'll get some more detailed pics up soon.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Hi j,

Do your cat(s) like the sub for scratchin'? (No joke) I've thought about that style of sub but having two cats myself...If I was a cat it would be very tempting...

Looks like a good start to a nice room. I had a CD/DVD placment problem until I got rid of alot of my wifes niknaks on the built in bookshelves. :D

Will that glass top table remain and if so does it reflect sound badly?

SBF1

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Surprisingly, the cats leave the sub alone completely. I don't know if that is because it scares them or just because it isn't as interesting as it seems, at least not to them? (we have 3).

I've had that glass table in my living room for a few years and it hasn't been an issue, or I would have gotten rid of it :) It is hard to tell from the pic, but there's about 2-1/2 to 3ft between the table and the speakers; the room is approximately 25x14 and the ceiling slopes up from what you see there to a peak about 20ft on the opposite end.

Thanks guys.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
nice pics of the speakers ... first time I've seen GR research too.

and if I didn't read the signature, I though the SVS cylinders grew by themselves :) that's a biga$$ sub!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Messy messy messy messy! Clean Up! Haha, nice room. What display is that? Overall dimensions?

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Cleaning isn't a priority at this point...still unpacking :)

Display is a Sony 34", which will likely get replaced with something larger this year.

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
I like your system, alot. The room is nice sized (25' x 14'). Keep sending the pics!

Kelly

astrodon

astrodon

Audioholic
You have an impressive set of components. Nice job of arranging your home theater, and those lights under the TV stand -- what a neat idea! Even though your TV is a bit on the small side, you can't go wrong with a Sony Trinitron CRT for a SD TV.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks. Yeah, the TV is the oldest item. It was fine for my previous room which I sat much closer, but in the new room it is definitley on the small side. Still very happy with the appearance though, it looks great with everything. Will be looking at a 1080p LED backlit LCD.

One more pic:

Kai

Kai

Full Audioholic
Looks nice at this stage.
Ooooh no more glass top coffee tables for me...LOL sat on the edge of the table once and crack goes the glass...new glass all is well. Did I learn my lesson? Hell no ! several months later sit on edge of table and poof goes the glass again LOL what a doof. Wife side eyes me and walks away. New coffee table the next day hehehe.
Those speakers have beautiful cabinets.

majorloser

majorloser

More cool uses for rope lights!!!

Nice setup!!!!

I really like the green rope light under the entertainment center.
Gives it sort of an alien appearance.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
gave me the incredible hulk vibe myself ...

"you won't like me when I'm angry ..."

very unique, blue has been used too much already

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Green was on sale (2/$10) :D I figured I'd try it out and I liked the look,used it with my previous setup behind, and now with this setup as shown. It allows you to have a little light in the room that isn't distracting to the eye when watching something. During movie watching you pretty much don't even notice it unless it is a very dark scene. The pics make it stand out a lot more than it really does (camera settings). It also reflects off the wall a bit, which is why I painted the back wall gray, so it is very subtle. My first thought was blue, but I went with the green and I like it.

Matt34

Matt34

Looks good, that finish on those GR is very nice.

Can you break it down for me what is powering what?

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
j_garcia

I like what you have done with the lighting nothing to costly just something very simple that makes a whole lot of difference.

I use blue neon light at the front below the TV monitor 12v the same type as used for cars.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis