finding speaker wires in walls

F

frezta

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>i recently bought a new home and in my living room i have a nice sheetrock box with 6 pairs of speaker cable running out of them. &nbsp;my question is that they coverered up the other end of the cable runs. &nbsp;Does anyone know how to find the cable runs without tearing out my sheetrock in my new home in order to locate these cable runs? &nbsp;Any help would be greatly appreciated. &nbsp;Thank you

alex
frezta@mac.com</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>If you know anyone who does phone installation or repair they will have a &quot;tone generator&quot; that you can hook to the ends of each wire(one at a time) &amp; with a probe they can trace the sound along the walls. If not,you can buy these things at Lowes.
&nbsp;You may wish to search in the crawl space or ceiling 1st to get an idea of approx. where they could be running. I know,not my favorite thing to do either but you may find that whoever did the wiring ran them along side of some AC runs,in which case you may find the ends tied up inside an outlet on the wall. If that is the case you may not want to use them anyway.
&nbsp;Try getting in touch with the contractor(good luck!) who did the work &amp; see if he can tell you where you might find the ends.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis