Final Subwoofer Decision

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
df4801 said:
"The Plus/2 is better IMO for the money (than the PB12 Ultra)"

But that sub cost over double!
Why compare them?
I was just thinking that the 5000 would be a great sub for an average user at only around $500.
He asked if the Plus/2 was better than the Ultra. They are the same price. Sorry for the confusion. I can see you probably thought we were comparing the Plus/2 to the PB12 ISD. SVS should name their subs after animals to lessen the confusion. ;)

Anyhow, I think the 5000 is a great choice for your large room. I don't think the PB10 will (or can) compare in a room that large.

The VTF-3 would be my second choice, seeing how it's priced a few hundred higher. For HT, go with the 5000; for music and HT, go with the VTF-3.

http://www.svsubwoofers.com/subs_pb12_ultra.htm

http://www.svsubwoofers.com/subs_pb12_plus_2.htm

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
just listened to a 5000R

I listened to one at a local store (A&B) and it was nice. They cranked it and it had no problem filing the 16by16 demo room. I didn't get a chance to test out any movies, but im sure it will not disapoint.

Any of the choices are great, you should listen to as many of them as you can, before you decide though.

sheep

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
Reminder if you are like the rest of us around here no purchase is ever the final purchase no matter what your intentions are when you do it. :rolleyes:

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
malvado78 said:
Reminder--if you are like the rest of us around here no purchase is ever the final purchase no matter what your intentions are when you do it. :rolleyes:
.....and that's where we need to seriously exercise caution imo, Malvado....Privateer's admonition once upon a time to go for quality over quantity made VERY good sense....ho-hum get-me-by purchases stemming from impatience, are surely to be replaced all too soon, and a beating will probably be taken on the equipment moved out as per benefit derived....whenever I am considering an audio or video purchase, I honestly try to reason myself out of it, for real....if myself won't hear of such and wins out, well, you know the rest of the story....but my going for serious amplification headroom, and serious speakers, has yet to let me down.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis