M

Mike.A

Audioholic Intern
Through out my younger years I loved MMO's. Many of them are very addicting, as you who played them can tell. :rolleyes:

Now my favorite would be FFXI, but many come pretty close to it.

Whats your favorite, it's always fun to know how many people were addicted to them like I was.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I never was heavy into PC gaming based on the fact I never had a great gaming computer. However I knew some people that were addicted to EverQuest. I can totally see getting wrapped up in MMO's. The only PC online game I was heavily into was CounterStrike:D:cool::).

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
I played Everquest for a while when it first came out, but as friends stopped playing I got bored and stopped too. Then we all tried Star Wars Galaxies, but that didn't hold our interest too long.

Now I and a couple of other friends have been playing Lord of the Rings Online for almost 2 years. We did the betas, and bought the lifetime memberships. There's only a small group of us, but we're still playing every Thursday and Friday night. I don't play quite as much as they do because I play console games more.

It's a good game for playing with friends, but I'm not one to try to level all 5 of my characters by doing the same quests over and over. I am surprised though that it has kept my interest as long as it has- it's been waning the last month or two, but there's an expansion pack coming out this month (and they typically add new free content every few months).

M

Mike.A

Audioholic Intern
It's a good game for playing with friends, but I'm not one to try to level all 5 of my characters by doing the same quests over and over. I am surprised though that it has kept my interest as long as it has- it's been waning the last month or two, but there's an expansion pack coming out this month (and they typically add new free content every few months).
Its interesting you say that. I have been playing FFXI for almost 4 and a half years now. I have talked friends into playing then they quit, and soon after i lose interest. But like everything you do for so you always venture back to it at certain times. So its been off and on. But when I first started I wanted to level everything to level 75 (75 being the highest level). There is about 16 jobs, you can be. For you that play WoW jobs are kinda like your class. But each character can have all 16 and freely change between them. And like you, every time a new expansion came out, I hoped right back on the horse to see what was new. But over the last year or so the game has really slowed down. the development is still there, but there is no new people playing IMO, just the people but maybe with new characters. That really dampens the game. In FFXI you have "linkshells" instead of guild like in Wow. These are a chat room type thing were you can chat freely with anyone who belongs to the linkshell. One the games economy started fallign and all the veterans quit many migraded to other MMO's,hence the reason for this post. And once you have been playing with the same people over may years they become friends and not just people you meet online, many times thats the reason you come back to see what's up, so now tha they all have moved on what is the point i say!

Has anyone sold any of their accounts or the games currency?!

I have/had two accounts, sold one for a breathtaking price, thats what started be with Audioholics, it bought me speakers and my first HDTV.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis