• Product description tags at local B&M store

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please post below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
gellor

gellor

Full Audioholic
What is your favorite hard-copy industry magazine? (Thinking of getting a subscription to one or two and trying to decide)

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Here you go, I have used them. They are great. No extra fees. And price is exactly as stated.
SUPER, SUPER Cheap. You can do a 1, 2, or a 3 year subscription.

HT Magazine 12 issues for 1 year is exactly $6.97
http://cgi.ebay.com/HOME-THEATER-MAGAZINE-1YR-SUBSCRIPTION-NO-S-H_W0QQitemZ6948535040QQcategoryZ29259QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

3 year is $18.89 36 issues.
http://cgi.ebay.com/HOME-THEATER-MAGAZINE-3YR-SUBSCRIPTION-NO-S-H_W0QQitemZ6968653758QQcategoryZ29259QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sound & Vision 1 year 12 issues is exactly $6.98
http://cgi.ebay.com/SOUND-VISION-MAGAZINE-1YR-SUBSCRIPTION-NO-S-H_W0QQitemZ6960376360QQcategoryZ29258QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Trust me this is no joke. I am a happy customer...
They have tons of subscriptions for all kinds of different magazines....

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Sound and Vision isn't bad. I'd recommend that one. I had Stereophile for a few months and cancelled my subscription. It was that bad. All the reviews sound the same. The ads weren't even interesting.

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
I enjoy reading Sound and Vision and Home Theater. I agree that Stereophile is a waste of time unless you like million dollar record players, tube amps, and snake oil.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I am a Home Theater magazine fan and I also read S&V which I don't think comes close, but definitely provides some different products & viewpoints.

I like that Home Theater publishes some graphs and charts with its reviews. While no reviews say a product sucks, you will want to think long and hard when it gives a product a score UNDER 90. Most are between 90 and 92, so anything in the 94+ range is also something you may really want to take a look at.

Ads are ads and at best introduce you to a new concept. Mostly, they are hype that may have little to no real value and should be taken with a grain of salt. Yet, every now and then, a product will pique your curiousity and that is when you come here and to other online sites to really dig into the meat of that product.

The hardest part is that the shootouts and the comparison reviews are always limited. They will compare upconverting DVD players and declare one as best, but with a dozen+ players on the market, how does only having THREE in a shootout amount to much of anything? Don't you really need at least 10 to really do some comparing? Just an example, but they do it all the time.

Yet, they are better than S&V which is mediocre in my opinion, though sometimes more fun to read.

gellor

gellor

Full Audioholic
jaxvon said:
You forgot about Stereophool (phile).
yeah...not so much forgetting it as ignoring it. i looked through stereopile once and it was all 2-channel stuff. not really what i was looking for, nor what i could afford.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis