Ever heard of this?

av-man

av-man

Audioholic
Some of you may remember my thread wanting opinions on which line of Amps and processors I should carry. I'm still on the prowl. I do have the Parasound Classic line available to me now(someone from Parasound saw my post on here and called) but would really like to have a full line to offer(maybe they'll read this post and come back with the full line offer). Long story short I got a return call from B&K today. I was told by the caller that they are not interested in signing any new dealers at this time. My question in responce was " even though there are no dealers within 150 miles of me?" The reply from B&K was "yes we already have a few to many"
Does this make any sense to anyone? Ever heard of a company that does not want to sell their product? Oh well I'll scratch them off the list. Still waiting to hear from McIntosh.

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
Some companies might want to do business with you until you are up and running. Once the doors are open you established yourself, you may get a different answer. Companie like B&K have to maintain a certain level of "snob appeal" with their products and don't want them is a half arse hole in the wall shop. Not that your will be this by any means, but they don't know that. They don't know you. They also might have competitive contracts with other delears for certain areas that included 150 miles out.

Anyway, seems like you have the right attitude and simply scratched them from the list and moved on to the next. Once you have been open for a while, write them back.

Shinerman

av-man

av-man

Audioholic
shinerman,
We are a pretty well established company. In the past we offered Aragon but because someone else in our area picked up the klipsch line we can't offer it anymore. The point with B&K is they did not ask anything about our financials or experience they simply said they did not want ANY new dealers.

JohnA,
i wasn't aware that Jamo was offering amps and processors. But they are now owned by klipsch.

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
av-man said:
shinerman,
We are a pretty well established company. In the past we offered Aragon but because someone else in our area picked up the klipsch line we can't offer it anymore. The point with B&K is they did not ask anything about our financials or experience they simply said they did not want ANY new dealers.
Whoops, my bad. I got you confused with another member here that wants to open up his own shop. He had asks about what brands to carry in the past.

So, in your case....... Yeh, that does not make any sense. Like you said, why not sell more?

Shinerman

mcwilson

mcwilson

Audioholic
Ati

ATI Amps and Pre/Pros are good, solid equipment. At least mine are. You should consider them.

When did Klipsch buy JAMO? Shocking!

av-man

av-man

Audioholic
mc wilson,
klipsch purchased Jamo about 4 mo. ago. They wanted international distribution for klipsch and buying a European brand like Jamo was the best way to jump into the market.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
B&K - my view

av-man said:
Some of you may remember my thread wanting opinions on which line of Amps and processors I should carry. I'm still on the prowl. I do have the Parasound Classic line available to me now(someone from Parasound saw my post on here and called) but would really like to have a full line to offer(maybe they'll read this post and come back with the full line offer). Long story short I got a return call from B&K today. I was told by the caller that they are not interested in signing any new dealers at this time. My question in responce was " even though there are no dealers within 150 miles of me?" The reply from B&K was "yes we already have a few to many"
Does this make any sense to anyone? Ever heard of a company that does not want to sell their product? Oh well I'll scratch them off the list. Still waiting to hear from McIntosh.
I know many regard B&K as high end gear. I thoroughly reviewed the B&K receivers, comparing them to the Denon 5803 and HK AVR7300, as well as my 3805. Although they look very nice, I was not impressed with the entire package. They were overpriced, and had a history of breakdowns. I also didn't think it sounded quite as good as the 5803, nor had the depth of the AVR7300. What my decision boiled down to was that technology was advancing so quickly, my slow decision making process couldn't keep up with it. The more reviews and demo's I did on the 3805, the more I was lead to choose it over my original choice - the 5803. Why drop $2500 on a unit that will be out of date in several months? The 3805 could be had for under $1000, with a separate stereo amp added to power the mains for around $450 - as well as the bi-amp feature. I think customers get to a price point that says logic over bells and whistles, and technology over glitz. Don't feel bad B&K said no. I also said no. Their loss X2.

Last edited:
av-man

av-man

Audioholic
buckeyefan1,
I hear ya. I too am a big fan of Denon. I use a 3805 in my showroom and a 2803 in my livingroom. I was not set to sell B&K just wanted to test the waters and see what they were offering. I was just taken aback by the sheer lunacy of not wanting to sell as much product as possible if you are a manufacturor. I appreciate the input about their product.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis