Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
These phones are amazing. They really are noise isolating. They cut out everything. I can't hear people talk to me. I can't hear the trains. I can't hear myself type. The sound quality is amazing. Extremely accurate. The comfort is akward at first, but over time they begin to feel more comfortable in my ears(I'm picky too). They key to comfort is to get the music going. The sound is good enough to keep them in for me. And I can hear better with them out of my ear too. They clean out excess wax the first couple of times I used them. LOL

They do have some quirks though. You will want to use an external sound card with a laptop because the interference from the computer puts static on the poorly sheilded cable. I may need to add some sheilding. Also you will hear when the cable rubs against something.

Anyway if you are looking for good noise isolator headphones give these a go. Very nice.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
These phones are amazing. They really are noise isolating. They cut out everything. I can't hear people talk to me. I can't hear the trains. I can't hear myself type. The sound quality is amazing. Extremely accurate. The comfort is akward at first, but over time they begin to feel more comfortable in my ears(I'm picky too). They key to comfort is to get the music going. The sound is good enough to keep them in for me. And I can hear better with them out of my ear too. They clean out excess wax the first couple of times I used them. LOL
Gross! You are supposed to clean out your ears with a Q-Tip (R) before you put them in ;)!

Glad to hear you like them.

They do have some quirks though. You will want to use an external sound card with a laptop because the interference from the computer puts static on the poorly sheilded cable. I may need to add some sheilding. Also you will hear when the cable rubs against something.
I think that you can shield the cable all you want and it won't make a lick of difference. In the 10-or-so laptops I used my phones in, you could hear the interference of the hard drive and everything else going on clear as a bell in all except my latest HP business class notebook. It is all a lack of shielding or perhaps poorly planned routing of the buses on the motherboard (which obviously can't be shielded except by the manufacturer) when it comes to onboard laptop audio. I couldn't take it on the older laptops I used so I bought a PCMCIA SoundBlaster. Now I use it in my HP because the quality is better than onboard, even though HP seemed to work out the interference issue on my particular laptop's built-in audio. I would recommend you look into it (or the new ExpressCard X-Fi one) or a USB one because it will drive you crazy as it did me I am sure :).

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Gross! You are supposed to clean out your ears with a Q-Tip (R) before you put them in ;)!

Glad to hear you like them.

I think that you can shield the cable all you want and it won't make a lick of difference. In the 10-or-so laptops I used my phones in, you could hear the interference of the hard drive and everything else going on clear as a bell in all except my latest HP business class notebook. It is all a lack of shielding or perhaps poorly planned routing of the buses on the motherboard (which obviously can't be shielded except by the manufacturer) when it comes to onboard laptop audio. I couldn't take it on the older laptops I used so I bought a PCMCIA SoundBlaster. Now I use it in my HP because the quality is better than onboard, even though HP seemed to work out the interference issue on my particular laptop's built-in audio. I would recommend you look into it (or the new ExpressCard X-Fi one) or a USB one because it will drive you crazy as it did me I am sure :).
Already have an external sound card. I had to watch my itunes on my home theater system after all.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis