jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
What's this?! A new ad on Audioholics? CLICKY!

But what's this?! SNAKE OIL!!!!????? :mad: :confused: :eek:

I promptly e-mailed the company. And if need be, I can go harass them in person (just up the road from me in Flint :D ).

www.hidefaudio.com

It starts out so nice and pure, with Belden cables. Then you go to the FAQ section. And then you learn about break-in, directionality, and the wonders of power cords. :mad:

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
I read their FAQ

They will do the all important

"Your privacy and information is of paramount importance to us, it is a top priority. We will never give ANY of your information to anyone."

I am glad (gasp) for fear that my friends and neighbors might find out.

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
If you search google for a few of those phrases, you will find at least one other audio cable shop with the same FAQ. And it seems I have read exactly that same FAQ at one of the Snake Oil cable companies, but I can't remember which one off the top of my head. Anyway, they just copied the text from someone else.

Hmm, the more I look at it, it looks like they copied more than just the faq. Check out the text on the "component video" link. Then go check out the text at bluejeanscable.com in the component video section. Once again, a perfect copy. Something seems very fishy. And if you look at the contact page, you'll notice that their "phone access" is limited. What the heck does that mean??

Buyer beware, this looks like some kind of scam site!!

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
it means dont call us, we will call you when we want some more money.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Indeed. I didn't even read their stuff that closely, but you're right. It's a direct copy-paste from BlueJeans. In fact, I'm going to e-mail them right now. Hopefully I'll get a reply from Hi-Def Audio for that email I sent...

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Guys thanks for bringing this to our attention. Its difficult sometimes to completely verify a new advertisers credentials. They sent us a few cable samples that checked out ok and upon perusing their site and correcting some of their literature we thought everything was a go. I will contact them tomorrow regarding this.

Also, please privately send me links of where you found literature copied from Bluejeans Cable. Thanks.

Update: After not hearing back from them in a timely manner we decided it was best to refund their money and cancel their advertising contract. We wish them luck, but I think we were as uncomfortable as you all were to find out some of these things.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
hawke said:
Update: After not hearing back from them in a timely manner we decided it was best to refund their money and cancel their advertising contract. We wish them luck, but I think we were as uncomfortable as you all were to find out some of these things.
You should be commended for living up to your mission statement:
"Pursuing the Truth in Audio & Video."
You guys have a great site, keep up the good work.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, and I'm glad the administrators take their jobs seriously by listening to members and staying true to the purpose of the site. I feel vindicated.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
hawke said:
Thank you for demonstrating that your mantra is more then just a typed line on a web page.

-Chris

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis