Equalizer Advice Needed?

I

ICE-9

Audiophyte
Behinger eq for home use? Is this possible for 2 channel use? And if so whats the best unit to be looking for. This is going between an Parasound amp and Yamaha reciever.

Im also considering a Yamaha brand Eq from Ebay. If thats the case please suggest what model is best for the situation.

Note: My reciever is not equipped with the Tape 2 Monitor Feature. So the Eq will go between the Reciever and Amp.

toquemon

toquemon

Full Audioholic
ICE-9 said:
Behinger eq for home use? Is this possible for 2 channel use? And if so whats the best unit to be looking for. This is going between an Parasound amp and Yamaha reciever.

Im also considering a Yamaha brand Eq from Ebay. If thats the case please suggest what model is best for the situation.

Note: My reciever is not equipped with the Tape 2 Monitor Feature. So the Eq will go between the Reciever and Amp.
Equalizer is not recomended because it degrades the signal,introduces distortion and you can only equalize analog sources. However, if you're gonna use a digital & parametric eq (the kind used in recording studios) is fine but it's very expensive.

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
EQ or not to Q

The first question that should be addressed is; why do you think you need an equalizer? Most of the av philes I know do not use or think they need an equalizer. My own gear does not even have tone controls. WmAx, I hope I have that right, seems to be quite knowledgable about the Behringer EQ maybe he will respond to this thread. Again; why the need in the first place. :cool:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis