R

redd454

Audioholic
is there any way to run an eq. w/spectrum analizer, display only, in a system for looks only, my rack has three, running four receiver's, would use them, but i a'm wary of clipping and ditortion, i will be using one, on first receiver, but if ditortion or clipping will interfere, with using the other two in rack, can the be hooked passive some way, and still show disply, as if they were being used, yet only using the one, cosmetic's only

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
is there any way to run an eq. w/spectrum analizer, display only, in a system for looks only, my rack has three, running four receiver's, would use them, but i a'm wary of clipping and ditortion, i will be using one, on first receiver, but if ditortion or clipping will interfere, with using the other two in rack, can the be hooked passive some way, and still show disply, as if they were being used, yet only using the one, cosmetic's only
At one time, I had an equalizer that had a "bypass button", and it worked just like you described.

Perhaps you could give the EQ an input, but not actually output to anything.

R

redd454

Audioholic
yes' i had thought about that, i do have a bypass on each, but when pushed, eq. shuts down, so does display, don't think i could use pre out, only, on receiver's, for when a jumper pin is removed, would this not shut down the receiver? where else could i send a signal in from, that would affict nothing else?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Any connection on the receiver for components with both audio inputs and outputs will work – e.g., CD recorder, cassette deck, MD deck, VCR, etc. The outputs for any of these will send a signal to your spectrum analyzer display. However, you will only get the display for components connected with analog connections. Digital connections (optical, coax, HDMI) will not work.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

R

redd454

Audioholic
Any connection on the receiver for components with both audio inputs and outputs will work – e.g., CD recorder, cassette deck, MD deck, VCR, etc. The outputs for any of these will send a signal to your spectrum analyzer display. However, you will only get the display for components connected with analog connections. Digital connections (optical, coax, HDMI) will not work.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
thank you wayne, at least you do not judge my wacky question's, mostly i ask, because i know someone out there may help, and you alway's do

R

redd454

Audioholic
i have ran into another problem, three of my receiver's, old, yes, but high end in the day, two bottom receiver's yamaha v2095's, also, on top of my rack i have the v0710, the problem is the remote to the v0710, will also adjust my two lower v2095's/visa/versa, i thought they would be far enough apart/ around 5' higher, but no, do you have any idea how i can correct this? i hate to take it out, and replace it with the r-500, beleive it's all around better amp. wondering if i can dampin the bottom eye, or make an over hang? any idea's, as the v2095 remote, does not seem to bother the v0710 much

R

redd454

Audioholic
Wayne, i have all my subwoofers, ran from my v2095 wyed at sub out on receiver, all subwoofers, are powered, then instead of using left in at s ub's, i am using a wye to input right and left at subwoofers, last night a guy on this site, said this should not be done, my subwoofer manuals do indicate, to use left input only, my question is, by being eyed into sub' s, am I losing anything, or is it a big deal, if so, could i just from the wye cables, just use eye's, to take me back to a single male rec input to left mono input? As my eye's are quite long, i would have to rewire all of them, they sound fine, but, if i should do away with current hook up, i will, let me know, before i order all new cables thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis