Epson Pro Cinema 4050 4K PRO-UHD Projector with HDR

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
No seriously, aren’t you wondering that if you bought a 4K or E-Shift-4K PJ now, Epson will come out with an 8K eShift HDR PJ for $3,000 in 2 years. :D
No! Considering how limited 4K content is if it wasn’t for having a house full of Oppos I probably would get a eshift model on close out but knowing 8k is already being teased means I could not comfortably buy a now irrelevant solution to a problem I don’t have(eshift). So 4K makes the best use of everything I do have, and I will be just as slow if not more so to upgrade when 8k does become mainstream. (And 16k starts getting teased to bring prices down, lol!)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
No! Considering how limited 4K content is if it wasn’t for having a house full of Oppos I probably would get a eshift model on close out but knowing 8k is already being teased means I could not comfortably buy a now irrelevant solution to a problem I don’t have(eshift). So 4K makes the best use of everything I do have, and I will be just as slow if not more so to upgrade when 8k does become mainstream. (And 16k starts getting teased to bring prices down, lol!)
Yeah, no 8K contents. But I can still brag that it's upscaled to 8K. :eek: :D ;)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, no 8K contents. But I can still brag that it's upscaled to 8K. :eek::D;)
Reminds me of a comedian's bit about college. "My mom wants me to get a college degree. I asked her why and she said "so you can say you have a degree". I said "Mom, I can say that now, doesn't have to be true"".

So, you could say you have an 8k PJ (not here though) and nobody would doubt you. :)

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Nobody should be all that unhappy with any of the major brands projectors these days. It's the beauty of how far the technology really has progressed in the last few years. If you are a gamer with a PS4 or XBox then you likely want something with 18Gbs support, but beyond that, even the 1080p models really do well and a full fledged 120" front projection setup with an entry level 1080p DLP projector, screen, mount, and entry level surround can be had for right around $1,000. It will not blow away a OLED TV with a good Atmos setup, but at 4 times the size, and a fraction of the cost, how much front projection immerses a user remains untouchable in any other consumer viable format.

At some point it is all about the nuances and incremental jumps in quality you get for an additional $1,000 in cost, or sometimes a great deal more. Then there are the tradeoffs of needing something special. A bright projector due to large screen size or lights-on use. Hey, it's what it is, but you also have to roll with it.

IMO, one of the best 'lights on' projectors may be the Epson 3700. Solid 1080p performance, lens shift, good zoom range, etc. Regularly on sale for $1,000. Some crazies out there setup two projectors so they can have their 'dark home theater' setup and their 'lights on sports' setup. For $1,000 it's a no-brainer for some of us to do this.

At the end of the day, I don't want to sound overly critical of any of these models. Why? Because they run from very good to excellent. When the worse thing you are buying is 'very good', who is really gonna complain? I mean it. The projector certainly is unlikely to be the issue in any setup. Far more likely a poor room, crazy screen size, or a failure to get the basics of how important throw distance is in a setup. These are all great units, and my personal preference should in no way take away from what anyone else enjoys.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Reminds me of a comedian's bit about college. "My mom wants me to get a college degree. I asked her why and she said "so you can say you have a degree". I said "Mom, I can say that now, doesn't have to be true"".

So, you could say you have an 8k PJ (not here though) and nobody would doubt you. :)
Nope. Can't do that. I cannot tell a lie. :D

The PJ has to have that big bold lettering "8K UHD HDR" on it. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis