Epson 9700UB projector mounting help

R

rramacha

Junior Audioholic
Hello All

My theater room is getting ready and some time next week we will be mounting our Projector from ceiling. Mount that comes with the projector doesn't have an arm that can extend for like 20 inches or so to install. It can only be installed may be 8 inches from ceiling. In my case I need an extension arm and was wondering if I should just buy a new mount itself or is there a way to just get an extension for the standard mount my 9700UB comes with. I bought this from Magnolia and not sure if they will have some solution.

Cheers

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Hopefully you paid under $2,500 or so for that projector, or you paid a bit much for what you got.

The mount is likely non-extendable unless it uses standard 1.5" threaded pipe. There are a ton of different mounts on the market, but I strongly recommend only the Chief RPMAU series of mounts. They are incredibly stable, yet incredibly easy to aim and setup properly in a home theater. A bit pricey at about $160 online for the mount, and you still will need a mounting flange and a pipe extension, but both of those items can come from your local hardware store (with a can of flat black spray paint).

I rarely recommend the impulse projector buy, but the 8700/9700 projector from Epson is of very good quality.

R

rramacha

Junior Audioholic
Thanks a ton

I actually got a steal deal on this projector sealed brand new from Magnolia. I will see if I can get an extension that will work or else will go and buy the mount you recommended.

Thanks again.

R

rramacha

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for the mount extension

I called dealer and they shipped me the mount extension. Mount I had was from chiefl and they sent the extension, which works like a charm. Sincere thanks to you.

I need another favor. Now my room is painted with very dark shade of blue (almost black) and ceiling grey. I have new grey carpet being installed and no windows in the room (only one small one covered by black out shades). So in my opinion and bunch of people who saw commented room is dark. My question is I need a screen that is 106 and can be fixed. In my situation what are my options. I don't need a AT Screen As my speakers will be to side of screen and they are black as well.

Any suggestions highly appreciated.

Thanks much

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis