L

Ladnerboy

Audiophyte
A few weeks ago, a solid verticle green line appeared about 1/8 from the left of the screen. I persevered with it for about a couple of weeks, and then, without warning, it disappeared. Then, as mysteriously as it disappeared,, it returned. Does anybody know of a similar issue? I contacted Epsom corporate [in the Philipines?!], and they directed me to the local 'authorized' service centre. It turns out that it is the only centre within a zillion kms.! He looked at/through it for a day +, and he said thtat it has a problem with one of the circuit boards and would cost a prohibatively $$$$ to have it repaired. He said that Epsom will offer an exchange unit for ~40% off the MSRP, which translates to ~$1200 -1300 Cdn. plus shipping etc. Not such a good deal in my book!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I would likely have directed you to FixItFrank on YouTube. One of the more common reasons for this problem is that the ribbon cables connecting the main board to the LCD panels is a bit dirty or worn or just not seated properly and by reseating things, you can fix this type of problem.

At $1,200 or so, I might instead look at the Epson 3200 or 3800 models. Unfortunately, there simply isn't an equivalent replacement that's new for that price point. Though, we did see the refurbished Epson 5040UB last year (or so) for about $1,200 online. That was a heck of a deal for a very good projector.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
.. Epsom..
I assume English isn't your native language, but Epsom usually refers to a type of salt (magnesium sulfate) or a small English town ;) . The Japanese conglomerate makes, among other things, projectors called Epson.

Last edited:
A

AliceMiller

Audiophyte
I would likely have directed you to FixItFrank on YouTube. One of the more common reasons for this problem is that the ribbon cables connecting the main board to the LCD panels is a bit dirty or worn or just not seated properly and by reseating things, you can fix this type of problem.

At $1,200 or so, I might instead look at the Epson 3200 or 3800 models. Unfortunately, there simply isn't an equivalent replacement that's new for that price point. Though, we did see the refurbished Epson 5040UB last year (or so) for about $1,200 online. That was a heck of a deal for a very good projector.

Thank you, I will keep it in my mind. You made my day. I want to buy Epson 3200 home cinema for my home and for that I am reading reviews online. It is very costly but thanks to my friend for sharing https://auspokiesguide.com/minimum-deposit/20-dollars/ website with me where I found those sites through which I can earn money. Now, I have enough money to buy Epson 3200.
Thank you, I will keep it in my mind. You made my day.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis