EPIC DIY - $60k B&W Nautilus

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
J

jamie2112

Banned
Wow those are sick..........wonder how they sound????

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Those photos are great. Thanks. What a build process!

I ended up mainly looking at the pictures, but I don't think I saw anything about a crossover. I did see the photo showing the 3 pairs of binding posts. That suggests there is no internal crossover. So I guess he'll use some type, passive or active, of external crossover. The crossover will make or break the sound of those beauties.

At least he didn't post here asking if he could use an off-the-shelf crossover from PE :D.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Google translation isn't best and I don't know Spanish at all, but if anyone knows it - what's the speaker weight - 75kg or the 150kg ?? (75kg = 165lbs - sounds more "reasonable" to me)

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I just love the look of those seas drivers, especially the bronze phase plugs <3

Those cabinets are something else. I wonder if they're supposed to double as transmisson lines.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Agreed. Awesome job by the guy, but those speakers are still hideous.

T

tomito

Audioholic Intern
Google translation isn't best and I don't know Spanish at all, but if anyone knows it - what's the speaker weight - 75kg or the 150kg ?? (75kg = 165lbs - sounds more "reasonable" to me)
75 Kg. weights just the base.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
75 Kg. weights just the base.
Thanks, this means whole speaker plus stand is 150Kg (330Lbs ! :eek: )

p.s:
Jin and Philip, I appreciated your opinions, but I think your visual tastes are different than mine... I'd love to have design in which Nautilus Speaker would be centerpiece of the room

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
That's cool. I think the speakers are something you'll either love or hate. You might be interested in finding an old Lian Li PC-777 computer case if you like the seashell theme :D

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
I agree, epicly ugly.

However you have to admire the workmanship.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
That's cool. I think the speakers are something you'll either love or hate. You might be interested in finding an old Lian Li PC-777 computer case if you like the seashell theme :D
Well, While for loudspeaker seashell makes some sense, for computer case - not so much, however one can't argue with Lian-Li's marksmanship and high quality of their product, but it's whole different topic ;)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Cool, I guess? Solid woodwork, but besides having a similar look, these have nothing to do with the original.
Here's the archived page. You could still see the insides of it:

p.s: btw, This thread is TWELVE YEARS OLD

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks, this means whole speaker plus stand is 150Kg (330Lbs ! :eek: )
a mere lightweight !

now this is a heavy speaker........

1000lb each

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis