Enter to Win: Up to $150 Device from Impact Acoustics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Impact Acoustics wants you to win!

Impact Acoustics is giving away the chance to pick any active device valued at up to $150 to three (3) eligible forum members.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions: Do you currently use remote IR control/distribution in your system? If not are you planning to add it to your system in the future? What features do you feel are important for IR for this type of a system.

Note this contest ends on December 31st, 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
1) Yes
2) N/A based on #1
3) Expandability - i.e. I am able to piggyback distribution blocks for additional devices. Currently I have IR extenders to: Reciever, DVR, HD-DVD, DVD, Lutron lights, and A/V HDMI switcher

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Contest Questions: Do you currently use remote IR control/distribution in your system? If not are you planning to add it to your system in the future? What features do you feel are important for IR for this type of a system.
I don't have a universal remote currently and have no distribution system. I plan on getting a universal as soon as I can use a universal with my PS3 and then I plan on getting an RF system since I am too lazy to point my remote at things :cool:.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
I do have a universal, but I have no need or interest in a distribution system right now.

If I were to get something like that, I'm not familiar with what's out there, but I'd want an IR transmitter facing components and a remote with the capability to transmit IR or just command the remote transmitters using RF to send IR commands/

JessyMcK

JessyMcK

Audioholic Intern
Do you currently use remote IR control/distribution in your system?
NO

If not are you planning to add it to your system in the future?
YES, shortly

What features do you feel are important for IR for this type of a system? Reliability, expandability

G

gnn

Audioholic Intern
1) No
2) Yes
3) Durability, reliability, easy and comfortable

K

kiwiaudionut

Audioholic
1 - No
2 - Yes
3 - Wide angle and strong reception.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Q: Do you currently use remote IR control/distribution in your system?
A: No.

Q: If not are you planning to add it to your system in the future?
A: Possibly. I might want to relocate my electronics into a closet.

Q: What features do you feel are important for IR for this type of a system?
A: Works as well as a local system, IR receiver isn't obtrusive, A/C powered (batteries not required)

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
Do you currently use remote IR control/distribution in your system? If not are you planning to add it to your system in the future? What features do you feel are important for IR for this type of a system.

Nope to the two questions. What features are important? AS long as it works, thats what matters the most

Anagoge

Anagoge

Junior Audioholic
Do you currently use remote IR control/distribution in your system?
Yes, in a loose sense. I do use a Harmony 890 remote that transfers the remote's RF to a few IR blasters for controlling hidden A/V components.

If not are you planning to add it to your system in the future?
No, nothing new in the near future. If I ever build a home, I'll probably integrate some basic home automation into the A/V system, though.

What features do you feel are important for IR for this type of a system.
Wide compatibility, DIY support, good range, reliability. It would be great if the industry would standardize on RF or bluetooth instead of IR for system control, since line of sight isn't always available.

=CDU=Above

=CDU=Above

Audiophyte
Do you currently use remote IR control/distribution in your system? No.

If not are you planning to add it to your system in the future? Actually yes. Been shopping around for awhile now. I will be installing a system to control not only all components in my home but also the gas fire pit and sound system in the backyard.

What features do you feel are important for IR for this type of a system?
I'm looking for the best rang as well as reliability. A nice warranty would be bad either.

C

Cozmo

Audioholic

1. No
2. Possibly
3. Signal strength (reception) and reliability

-Coz

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja

I am currently using an IR/RF universal remote which includes an RF basestation with several IR emitters. Important features include signal range, reliability, and ease of use/setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis