Enter to Win: Rives Audio Test CD 2

What was/is the biggest obstacle in getting the acoustics in your room right?

• Aesthetics / Decor / Spousal acceptance

Votes: 55 44.7%
  • Do not know what to do or where to begin

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • Rent or planning to move - do not want to invest before having a more permanent place

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • Other

Votes: 22 17.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
brian32672

brian32672

Banned
I would pretty much know what I want to do with my current place (and it is owned, not rented).
But, I plan on moving ASAP.
At that time, the place I will be moving to - I will start from ground up.

D

dburchet

Audioholic Intern
I have a small appartment so room accoustics was out of the question. I was able to configure my speaker setup to allow for the best sound possible.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
My biggest problem is definately not really knowing what to do or where to begin. I picked up the AVIA disc and it helped a bit, but I really just don't understand the whole process of sonically tuning a room. I actually tried a few test tones, but didn't get the whole thing with charting it and have no clue what the chart I came up with means.

Second to that is I am currently renting and would like to buy in a year or two. So, I really don't want to invest a lot of money into the tiny apartment I'm in (350sq ft) for better sound.

E-6

Audioholic Intern
Will be building an addition next summer--in the mean time just bought a PB12-ISD/2 in a 12X14' room. Needless to say nothing stays on the walls....
Oh yeah I almost forgot...my wife isn't to thrilled either! :>

algernon

algernon

Audioholic
Contest Question: What was/is the biggest obstacle in getting the acoustics in your room right? How did/are you planning to overcome that obstacle?

My bigest problem is the 12' of glass sliding door behind my couch. Being in a new home, it is one of the last things we still have to take care of. I'm thinking drapes, but want something easily opened and closed that wont cost more than my HT. Right now the room is very bright, both with sound and ambient light.

I have a study with some athena bookshelves and the sound is better in there right now in large part I believe to all the crap I have in there and the fact that there are heavy drapes on the windows in the rear of the room. These two rooms made me an absolute believer in the importance of room treatments.

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
The biggest problem was the 8' sliding glass door on one wall.
I removed it and replaced with 3' solid wood door, other 5' is now dry wall with insulation. Also the room had (8) 2'x3' sky lights when I bought the house these were removed and sealed when I reshingled the roof. The room now has no windows. Which I'm sure doesn't meet building code, but is sure nice for lighting control.
I made an agreement with my wife when we bought the house that she could do anything she wants with the rest of the house but this is my room. Now that the rest of the house is done she keeps trying to change things in MY room. Such is marriage, I guess

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I currently rent my place, so don't want to do much work in the home theater room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis