Enter to Win: Intimus 5DB Dipole/Bipole Surround Speakers from Aperion Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Aperion Audio wants you to win!

Aperion Audio is giving away the chance to one (1) pair of Intimus 5DB Dipole/Bipole Surround Speakers to one (1) eligible forum member! The speakers are available in Gloss Black or Medium Cherry (winner's choice). At $345 each, this contest represents a $690 value!

Read the Audioholics take on the Aperion Intimus 5DB Surround Speaker in our review of the Aperion Intimus 6T-DB Hybrid XD system.

Features:
  • Dual 5.25” Woven-Fiberglass woofers deliver excellent bass and lush mid-range sound
  • Dual 1” custom designed silk-dome tweeters for smooth, clearly defined highs at even the highest volume levels
  • Anti-resonant cabinet
  • Wall mounting brackets
  • Furniture-Grade finish
  • Ten year warranty
  • FREE SHIPPING - a $35 value per pair
  • FREE lifetime technical support
  • FREE speaker care kit

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence and 3) Answer the following questions in the thread below.

Contest Questions:
  1. Besides your home theater, in what other room(s) in your home do you want great sound?
  2. Would the audio in the secondary room(s) come from another room?
  3. What type of speaker system would be in the secondary room(s)?

Note this contest ends on October 31st, 2009. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jamie2112

Banned
I want to win.I want great sound in the bathroom.Yes it would come from the bedroom system.Aperion audio speakers of course..There are my answers.

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
1. Yes, In the living room and the kitchen
2. Yes, it would come from another room
3. Most likely an on or inwall system... for WAF :)

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
1. The bathroom.
2. Yes, from the bedroom or the media server (via the bedroom)
3. Diffuse but pleasant and understandable at low volumes (also, moisture resistant).

1. The family room
2. No (though the source might be the media server.
3. Two good towers and the rest on or in wall (for keeping volumes even in adjoining rooms)

A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
1. Aside from my main room, I wanted/still want a setup in the bedroom as well as in the kitchen/dining area

2. For the bedroom, no...but for the dining area, I'd like the audio to come from my office PC via a wireless solution (maybe Audioengine W-1?)

3. I have ACI Emerald XL bookshelves for the bedroom... For the dining area I'd probably want to go with some smaller sized on-wall speakers...just enough for some background music...

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
1. The Bedroom.
2. Yes it would stream from my media server
3. I have been in search of a 2 channel active bookshelf system that has a remote....yes I am lazy.

S

smihalik

Audioholic
1. Kitchen & Dinning room
2. Would come from the Living room
3. In ceiling/in wall for max WAF

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
1. I want great sound in my bedroom. A 2-channel rig would be lovely.
2. I'd rather have the audio source in my bedroom come from the bedroom. I don't want speaker wires travelling the length of the apartment.
3. Two high-quality bookshelves. Ain't much room for anything else.

writing from my American address,
supervij

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
1. I want great sound in the office so I can work and jam at the same time.
2. I prefer a system for each room, but would like the ability to stream between rooms.
3. Surround Sound of course!

H

Haaspac

Audioholic
1. Office, and maybe Bedroom.
2. I'd rather have each room controlled separately.
3. Office: High quality 3 way bookshelves with sub for 2.1 stereo. (I do a lot of music listening at the office so I would splurge for very good quality speakers there.)
Bedroom: Budget towers for 2 channel stereo hookup.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
1,2 and 3

1.The Kitchen and the Dining area, I entertain often especially older family members and I usually turn up the music in my HT which is too loud for some, if the sound was right in the Dining area I could have it just right.
2.I would surely pick up a new source as re- routing wires to those areas would be a challenge in itself so to simplify, a new source in the said two rooms.
3.The in-wall would be better served for the WAF as an inwall would not detract from the overall appearance of the decor but I could certainly make either work, bookshelf size would look nice with a few of my custom made shelves, :).

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
1. I think the office needs great sound, as well as the back patio and garage for tunes during yardwork/grilling and working on various stuff, respectively.
2. The office could be its own independent system, but ideally the patio and the garage would probably be sourced by the media server, which can be controlled by the bluetooth keyboard we have.
3. The office could be its own bookshelf system (5.1 for gaming and DVD-Audio/SACD), but ideally, the patio and the garage would probably be outdoor speakers of some type, so they are resistant to the various elements.

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
1) It's not really a room, but I have a large covered patio that I would like to add the ability to play music.
2) It would be sourced from a room inside the house
3) A 2.0 system with a good quality all weather speaker

A

andrewcbr600

Audiophyte
I like speakers!

1. Bedroom(s), Outdoor patio.
2. Yes, Media Server
3. Wireless, preferrably.

J

jgeorg5

Audioholic Intern
1. My bedroom.
2. It would be separate from other rooms.
3. In or on wall, so as not to take up any floorspace (my bedroom isn't that big).

N

norm962

Audioholic Intern
Contest Questions:
Besides your home theater, in what other room(s) in your home do you want great sound?
Would the audio in the secondary room(s) come from another room?
What type of speaker system would be in the secondary room(s)?

I would like something better in my sun-porch/three-season room. Right now I have an extra pair of speakers running from the main reciever in the house. I don't leave them out, so its a bit of a pain to store them, retrieve them and whatnot.The audio comes from the house, but with something like a sonus system I would be in total control of the sound. Right now I can make playlists and set my mp3 player, but I have no control over volume or anything. My father has one of the older Sony DRLC kits and it works fine, but there's not a screen to see what you're doing. I'd prefer indoor-outdoor speakers, either a 2.1 or 2.0 as its only to listen to music or baseball games, not to watch movies or TV

A

Amherst

Audioholic Intern
Patio Sound

I plan on installing sound to my outside patio.
The second room function of my yamaha in the living room, used as a pre/pro, to a separate two channel amp will be the source. Control will be via RF of my Prnto remote. The speakers are undecided yet.
HMMM, speakers! :)

B

blackzarg

Junior Audioholic
Besides your home theater, in what other room(s) in your home do you want great sound?

I'd like great sound in the kitchen, while we are preparing for dinner, and the bedroom, where I can be more relaxed.

Most likely. With current receivers handling more rooms, I would probably hook everything up to that.

For the kitchen, most likely wall mounted bookshelves or satellites. For the bedroom, smaller towers can probably be considered, but bookshelves will be okay as well.

N

nelly

Audiophyte
1. Bedroom, office and garage
2. I would like the source to come from either the office or with the main theater system, wireless and controllable from different location if possible.
3. Most likely a pair of bookshelf/satellites with a sub.

T

tz4689

Audiophyte

Den and bedroom. May be harder to do in bedroom though as I currently use headphones out of consideration for my wife.

In den though I've had about enough of my PC speakers

Would like to run it from the main home theater. I have a lot invested in that setup and would definitely like to use it more.

Currently have wall mounted but would like to try in-wall or ceiling speakers/

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis