Enter to Win: $200 off Impact Acoustics Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Impact Acoustics wants you to win!

Impact Acoustics is giving away $200 off any order at Impact Acoustics to three (3) eligible forum members.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Question: Do you have a HTPC? If not are you looking to get one soon? Did you buy it or did you built it? If you bought one what is the brand? What do you use it for and what HTPC software do you have? Post pictures if you have them.

Note this contest ends on September 30th, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Svenhook

Audioholic
I don't have a HTPC. Probably not in the near future.

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic
I do not have a HTPC, and I don't have any immediate plans to get one. If I were to get one, however, I'd most likely build it myself.

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Contest Question: Do you have a HTPC? If not are you looking to get one soon? Did you buy it or did you built it? If you bought one what is the brand? What do you use it for and what HTPC software do you have? Post pictures if you have them.

Not yet...I am constantly looking for that one "killer deal" that makes me pull the trigger on one. I have been piecing togeter the parts to construct one as I would prefer to build myself, but if one comes down the pipe at a great deal then I may get one. The format wars...stability issues...and support, has kept me on the sidelines untill most of the dust has settled.

S

sandtrap

Junior Audioholic
I have an HTPC I built myself. I basically added a MyHD-130 to my home computer and installed a DB4 antenna. I use the included software from MyHD and TitanTV for an EPG.

R

rushwj

Audioholic
no plans in the near future to get one. mostly don't have the need compared to the cost.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
No but if I win the other contest here...
I would need to do alot of research before I could give answers. Sorry.

SBF1

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Tom Andry said:
Impact Acoustics wants you to win!

Impact Acoustics is giving away $200 off any order at Impact Acoustics to three (3) eligible forum members.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Note this contest ends on September 30th, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!
No i don't. I'm not looking to get one soon, unless Apple comes out with something really compelling in the next couple of months. I wouldn't build my own HTPC, getting components for them is difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BobBart

Audioholic
I built a new computer myselft to use as a htpc, but all I did was tweak it constantly to the point I never enjoyed using it. So now I use it mostly as a server and use the xbmc on the xbox for htpc purposes and bought a standalone dvd player for my projector.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
I don't currently have one and have no short term interest in getting one. If I did decide to have one I would probably build it myself.

R

rozumek

Enthusiast
I don't have a HTPC and won't buy one just yet.

I don't have a HTPC. I don't plan to buy one anytime soon. Lack of support for DTS-HD and universal HD DVD blue-ray technology, not even mentioning HDMI 1.3. All of these reasons are enough for me to wait till these things become standard features in HTPC's.

B

Brandst

Junior Audioholic
I do not currently have a HTPC, though have been contimplating building 1 in the last few months. I have a couple spare parts lying around that I could use in one just haven't seen cases that would fit in a audio rack. If I do decide on one I will most likely build it myself, I get a discount on parts at the computer shop I used to work at and can order anything else I need cheaply through them or the internet.

Steve

grahammc

Audiophyte
Htpc

I do not have an HTPC yet, but do plan to purchase one in the not too distant future. My reason for waiting is that, though I like the HP models, they do not currently offer any with dual ATSC tuners. When that option is more readily available, I will definitely be upgrading. Thanks!!

Graham

gellor

gellor

Full Audioholic
I do not have an HTPC, but I would gladly take one if someone gave it to me. If I were to get one, I'd probably build it myself.

evilkat

evilkat

Senior Audioholic

Don't have an HTPC yet, but I'm definitely looking to get one. I'm just waiting on a major upgrade to my entertainment system (which currently consists of my Dell 20" monitor and the PC hooked up to it!!!), and when that happens, I will be building my HTPC from scratch (wouldn't dream of buying a pre-built PC!).

Not sure what I'd put on it though. Could be MythTV, but I want to see what Vista's media center will look like.

K

kens

Enthusiast
I don't have any immediate plans to buy a HTPC. I would like to see more premium video content available for download before heading down this route.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
While it seems to be the next big thing, I don't plan to have one any time soon. Too many many unanswered questions at this point.
I would most likely build it myself.

K

kmcolli

Audiophyte
htpc

I built a HTPC out of a Dell server and use Windows Media Center. Keep equipment in a seperate room so looks and fan noise don't matter.

J

joetech

Junior Audioholic
Htpc

I do not have a HTPC now nor do I plan to get one soon because:

Cost: While prices are coming down, they are still too high for me.
Unsettled technology. HD or Bluray? Which will be around 5 years from now?
Size: The old 27" CRT in the den with a DVD and hooked up to the 'B' speakers works just fine in a room that is only 11'x9'. The larger HDTV plasma or LCD just won't fit into the built in without major modification and isn't really needed.
Time: I don't have time to watch all that much anyway so why spend that kind of money on something I will only use at the outside a few hours per week?
I have the computing power now but I don't see much I'm just want to see all that much.

WorldLeader

WorldLeader

Full Audioholic
I use my iMac and my iPod for all my HTPC needs, and they work great for what I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis