Enter to Win: $100 off Carada Screen OR $300 off Masquerade System!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Carada wants your opinion!

Carada is giving away a coupon worth $100 off the price of a Carada Projection Screen OR $300 off the price of a Carada Masquerade system to five (5) randomly selected eligible winners. The coupon must be used within 6 months of the drawing date.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence, (3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions: Have you ever considered a “Constant Image Height” front projection system (i.e. a screen with a native aspect ratio of 2.35:1)? In your home theater, would you prefer a screen with a native aspect ratio of 16:9 or 2.35:1? Please feel free to give your reason(s) for your choice.

See Carada.com for information on their current product lineup.​

Note this contest ends on December 31st 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TVJon

Audioholic
>>Have you ever considered a “Constant Image Height” front projection system (i.e. a screen with a native aspect ratio of 2.35:1)? In your home theater, would you prefer a screen with a native aspect ratio of 16:9 or 2.35:1? Please feel free to give your reason(s) for your choice.

I considered all aspect ratios and settled on 16:9 as the best solution because I won't just be watching wide-screen movies in my media room.

TVJon

C

Cozmo

Audioholic
Contest Questions: Have you ever considered a “Constant Image Height” front projection system (i.e. a screen with a native aspect ratio of 2.35:1)? In your home theater, would you prefer a screen with a native aspect ratio of 16:9 or 2.35:1? Please feel free to give your reason(s) for your choice.

Yes, at first I looked into the different aspect ratios and 16:9 seemed to be the best choice/compromise between the different options.

-Coz

T

thematrixz

Audiophyte
[I said:
Contest Questions: Have you ever considered a “Constant Image Height” front projection system (i.e. a screen with a native aspect ratio of 2.35:1)? In your home theater, would you prefer a screen with a native aspect ratio of 16:9 or 2.35:1? Please feel free to give your reason(s) for your choice.[/i]
Yes, I've been contemplating to go with a 2.35:1 screen since I use the HT for movies exclusively.

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
I've considered CIH screens and projectors, but the problem is the cost. Projector manufacturers sell the CIH lens and possibly lens attachments for what is usually equal to the cost of the projector in the first place. Doubling the price makes this very unattractive.

If I had a CIH projector, then I would get a 2.35:1 screen. Otherwise 16:9 to match up with the non-CIH projeector.

U

upyourkilt

Enthusiast

Yes, I am in the market for a screen but trying to determine what format to go with. Masquerade is a little rich but $300 bucks off helps.

N

nlberns

Audiophyte
Yes, at first I looked into the different aspect ratios and settled on the 16:9 because I felt it best met my overall needs.

R

ragobitsu

Audiophyte
No, because the vast majority of what I watch is in 16:9 and 4:3. Even when I do watch movies made in 2.35:1 format at a 16:9 ratio, 16:9 still seems like a good compromise.

N

Nexus6

Audiophyte
Have you ever considered a “Constant Image Height” front projection system (i.e. a screen with a native aspect ratio of 2.35:1)? In your home theater, would you prefer a screen with a native aspect ratio of 16:9 or 2.35:1? Please feel free to give your reason(s) for your choice.
Just recently I have upgraded my aging Sony VPL-HS10 to a new VPL-VW60. Due to features included with the VW60 (notably lens shift and anamorphic zoom) I have been contemplating upgrading my 92" Da-Lite 1.78:1 screen to something more like 112" or a 120" 2.35:1.

So in response to the question, yes, I have considered going 2.35:1, mostly because I realized a majority of the material I watch on my projector is in the 2.4:1 scope format (I don't even own a 1.85:1 movie in HD) and because the VW60 has the flexibility to project an acceptable image on a 2.35:1 screen even without an anamorphic lens. And if I choose to upgrade to an anamorphic lens in the future, the screen will already be in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis