Enter to Win: $100 off AV123 order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
AV123 wants your opinion!

AV123 is giving away five (5) $100 off coupons to eligible forum members. Coupons must be used within six (6) months after the drawing date.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the question in the forum below:

Contest Question: What is the single most important non-specific product related factor (such as performance, aesthetics, etc.) you consider when making a purchasing decision (such as return policy, name recognition, where products are manufactured, etc.)? Please be specific as to what constitutes a bonus and a what would hinder you from making a purchase.

Note this contest ends on March 31st 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
AV123 contest.

Company reputation and return policy are both important to me for internet direct purchases. Made in the USA is also nice bonus but it is hard to find on reasonably priced A/V gear.

D

dseng

Enthusiast
As someone who lives in an isolated community (accessible only by boat or plane) with a very limited amount of selection in quality audio and home theater components, the most important criteria for me is the reputation of a company (and by extension its products) evidenced by comments and reviews in trade-related web sites and forums. If I can draw an accurate picture of a company and its products from the commentary of individuals who know their topic and subject matter and the picture is one of uncompromisingly positive aspects regarding the company's support, commitment to quality, and customer service I will often make a purchase. I cannot easily test or evaluate many items, so web research is often my best option to determine which product to select.

The real test, though, often comes after I've made a decision to purchase and I start dealing with the vendor - that's when the reputation that I read about gets put to the test - is the vendor helpful in discussing the product and any options (if applicable). Do they make shipping to our somewhat difficult location easy and without gouging me on the price (it happens!). And after I've received the product, are they helpful when I have questions and if something is wrong with the product and it needs to be returned, do they make things as smooth as possible?

A vendor's public reputation, won in the the real world marketplace, is much more meaningful as an indicator of the experience that I can anticipate than any number of expensive advertisements touting a product or manufacturer. Conversely, reading about great products from a "difficult to deal with" vendor is a clear indication that making a purchase, no matter how great the product, is a no go for me. In some ways, I need to be able to have "local vendor support" from companies no matter where they are located, because our local vendors so frequently have very limited selections available.

Dave Seng
Juneau, AK

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Reputation of company from people who I respect (i.e. not the Best Buy sales schmo) and warrenty.

RMarsh83

RMarsh83

Audioholic Intern
Reputation is paramount, and I want to make sure I am not buying inferior quality equipment from a fly-by-night shop. Part of this is having a very strong return policy to give the insurance that if something goes wrong I won't be screwed out of my money. It also shows that the vendor is confident in its equipment. If the buyer has to pay return shipping, even if the product arrives damaged or not as described, that is a real hinderance.

S

se-riously2

Audioholic Intern
Reputation on customer service (after the sale), product support (contat #, help page, availability of replacement and upgrade parts), and how long they have been in business. I suppose the reputation and years go hand-in-hand since you can't really build a reputation without being in business for many, many years.

B

Bigfishe

Junior Audioholic
Question: What is the single most important non-specific product related factor (such as performance, aesthetics, etc.) you consider when making a purchasing decision (such as return policy, name recognition, where products are manufactured, etc.)? Please be specific as to what constitutes a bonus and a what would hinder you from making a purchase

Has to be Reputation, reputation is normally not fabricated, with today's tech. Word of mouth, customer support, and product fulfilling it's claims will be called out quickly. Good Reps also result from Quality products.
Normally you don't hear a lot about a company have a "Killer" product but nothing for support. You can tell the ones that are just trying to make a buck.

You have a good rep, then your likely going to get my business

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Contest Question: What is the single most important non-specific product related factor (such as performance, aesthetics, etc.) you consider when making a purchasing decision (such as return policy, name recognition, where products are manufactured, etc.)? Please be specific as to what constitutes a bonus and a what would hinder you from making a purchase.
Return policy is most important. These things, no matter how good of a value, are not inexpensive.

What would hinder me?
Unresponsive customer service.

SBF1

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
Customer support. Being able to not worry about having hassles with returns or other problems is extremely important.

If I tried to contact the company to find out information but got no response or bad service, or feel that the company is making policies that hurt the consumer while benefiting the company, I would go elsewhere.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Customer service is probably the most imortant factor for me when it comes to making a purchase, if I get good customer service before I make the purchase, I feel confident that the company will stand behind their product after the purchase should a problem ever arise.

wwocoin

Audiophyte
av123 value, quality, and price

The most important factors in the purchase of speakers are value, quality and price.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Performance is number one for me, appearance is secondary (but still a factor). Bonus is that the company has a good following and commentary from former customers, whether online (internet direct) or B&M, regarding service and just overall good treatment of their customer base. What would hinder me? The only things that might hinder me might be a reputation for poor customer service or a product that did not deliver claimed performance.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja

Because of financial considerations, free shipping of ID equipment is a real bonus. Poor customer service reputation is a real deal killer.

B

bluecaps

Enthusiast
Non specific product related factor

What is the single most important non-specific product related factor (such as performance, aesthetics, etc.) you consider when making a purchasing decision (such as return policy, name recognition, where products are manufactured, etc.)? Please be specific as to what constitutes a bonus and a what would hinder you from making a purchase.

Ans: The warranty period length is an important factor that I consider while purchasing. I beleive only in big brand products.

R

redcaps

Audiophyte
Name recognition.

What is the single most important non-specific product related factor (such as performance, aesthetics, etc.) you consider when making a purchasing decision (such as return policy, name recognition, where products are manufactured, etc.)? Please be specific as to what constitutes a bonus and a what would hinder you from making a purchase.

Ans: Return policy.

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
I think reputation for quality and customer service is a major factor for me, I do not care where it was made. If the company or product line has a reputation for quality concerns then that will deter me from even 'taking a chance'.

M

misterkit

Enthusiast
Bonus: A company willing to go the extra mile. If you are a ID company you really need to focus on the needs of the client. They are buying before listening.
Hinderence: Poor customer service. If I cant get a quality response, then I'll go someplace else.
AV123 wants your opinion!

AV123 is giving away five (5) $100 off coupons to eligible forum members. Coupons must be used within six (6) months after the drawing date.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the question in the forum below:

Note this contest ends on March 31st 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Matt34

Matt34

Customer support and service. I believe if a company can provide professional, courteous care to potential and returning customers it speaks volumes.

If they do not stand behind their product once the transaction is over.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord

sound quality and build quality aside, the most important factor for me is aesthetics. make it look cool, and I'll start becoming interested.

make it ugly, and I won't even consider it.

placebo473

placebo473

Enthusiast
Q. What is the single most important non-specific product related factor (such as performance, aesthetics, etc.) you consider when making a purchasing decision (such as return policy, name recognition, where products are manufactured, etc.)? Please be specific as to what constitutes a bonus and a what would hinder you from making a purchase.
A. A great product is a great product, no matter who brands it, where it's manufactured, or where it's sold. If AV123 sold thier products through high-end A/V retailers or chains, I'd still be considering buying Rockets! I really count on expert reviews to narrow down my options on what to buy. I won't gamble purchasing from unauthorized dealers, so it's a bonus to deal with a company with a no-hassle return policy and an extensive product warranty as a testament for reliabilty. That's true value and why I take pride of ownership. Poor, unknowledgeable customer support/service will keep me from being a repeat buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis