Enter to Win: $100 off AV123 Order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
AV123 wants your opinion!

AV123 is giving away five (5) $100 off coupons to eligible forum members. Coupons must be used within six (6) months after the drawing date (by February 28th, 2007).

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the question in the forum below:

Contest Question: What do you think is AV123’s best product and why?

Note this contest ends on August 31st 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mobius

Junior Audioholic
I believe the RSC200 center channel speaker is there best product. At its price point it is by far the best sounding speaker I have ever heard. It's always crystal clear in reproducing voices and it made me realize how much information I was missing in movies in comparison to my old cheapy center speaker.

S

SWAMP RAT

Audiophyte
Av123 Contest

Their Prices Are Impressive. Great Web Page Setup! ALL THEIR SPEAKERS AREGREAT LOOKING AND THEY SAY GREAT SOUNDING.

R

rushwj

Audioholic
The only product i have from them is their onix x-ls bookshelf speakers and they are wonderful! i'm definitely considering their products for future purchases (more speakers and upgrading to separates like the new UL's).
-b

nav

nav

Audioholic
As long as I'm allowed to speculate about a product of theirs that I do not own (I only have one of their subwoofers as of now): The Emotiva Ultra-Lite LMC-1 Processor.

Why? Well, all of their products have a reportedly high performance to dollar ratio, so nothing to do its relative quality specifically. How many other receiver or non-receiver processors can you find in that price point that even stand a chance of comparison to the LMC-1? A receiver or processor is the quickest aging part of a modern audio or home theater system feature-wise. Buying one with as many future thinking features is always desirable. Having the ability to replace that processor without having to ditch a receiver-integrated amplifier makes it even easier to make the jump once one's lust for features gets the upper-hand from either "featuritis" or some more pragmatic reason (however you justify it to yourself to make it work, that is).

For almost any enthusiast looking to build an audio or home theater system, AV123 has an answer to the question of what processor to buy to both age the most gracefully and likely deliver the most performance per dollar spent: the LMC-1.

D

Davidt1

Full Audioholic
The UFW-10 sub is a great product with a small footprint, beautiful finish, and great sound.

P

Pianoman84d

Audioholic
If I am limited to products I have actual experience with, then it must be the X-LS speakers. My love affair with them is well documented on AV123's forum. They are simply amazing.

I will say as far as AV123's overall line, the UL Combo is a force to be reckoned with because it stands at a price point of a receiver. You can now have separates on a receiver budget!!

G

gstarr

Enthusiast
The XL-S speaker is a steal at the price. It has a great looking pale shadow maple finish, as opposed to many competitors vinyl or black paint models. It has excellent drivers at this price point (probably untouchable by competitors) and sounds great. For most people with small to medium-sized rooms using two pairs of these and a soon to be released center channel would make a great beginning for a budget 5.1 system (about $600). Either add the X-sub at $199 or even better, the UFW-10 (at $499) in the same shadow maple as the XL-S speakers and one has an unbeatable budget system. Heck, the UFW-10 is Audioholics woofer in the $5,000 recommended system.

I wish I had these speakers when I went to college, but I'm glad I have them now.

O

Oguard

Audioholic Intern
Based solely on...

specifications and advertised performance I would say the LMC-1.

On a dollar value basis, looking at the specifications, I think the other perrenial favourite on-line manufacturer should seriously re-think their offerings (you bad boys you).

My vote is for the LMC-1 which I should be ordering sooner than later.

S

sandtrap

Junior Audioholic
I currently only have a 2.0 system. And my budget is extremely limited. The best AV123 product for me is the XL-S speaker.

C

chronos56

Audioholic Intern
X-Ls speakers

I have to vote for the X series. AV123 has created an entry level system that is better then most anything you can get for nearly twice the price.

This kind of entry level quality will help to establish them as a dominate force in the Internet speaker manufacture marketplace.

A good example, a friend of mine had a nice set of cabinets with blown drivers. He needed both the woofers and tweeters replaced. I started to do the preliminary design work to rebuild the cabinets with new drivers and crossovers. It wasn't long before I was hitting the $200 mark in driver costs alone. At that point I said why reinvent the wheel, and pointed him to the AV123 site. By the time I had gotten home he had ordered a pair bookshelf speakers and a sub. I am anxious to hear them myself.

Its this kind of quality vrs. price that is nearly impossible to beat.

L

LXIX

Audiophyte
The choice is obvious... the LMC-1 Pre-pro! After all, with sooooo many people whining about the DPLIIx issue (that wasn't really an issue) and their willingness to find an elegant workaround for these cry babies (dear lord, it is a sub $500 pre-pro get over it already) really makes this piece a home run.

In all seriousness, how could you go wrong with this piece? Unless you are trying to replace a megabuck pre-pro, there is nothing else in the class of this piece and anyone who would buy a receiver instead of the Ultra-lite combo should be executed on site.

The AV123 product that gives me the most anticipation is the Strata (I am quivering right now as I type this). I want a pair if these beauties so badly that I would violate several local laws to get a pair. Stunning to look at and a certain sonic beauty as well.

B

Brandst

Junior Audioholic
I have to go with the X series speakers as well. The value on these is amazing. They exhibit great bang for the buck competing with much more expensive models from other companies while matching the build and component quality.

Steve

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
AV123 products

The Onix X-LS speakers are one of the best new products form av123. They prove that inexpensive speakers can deliver on looks, build quality, and performance.

eddiem67

eddiem67

Audioholic
I would have to say the Reference .5 Monitors, price and performance is bar none.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
The UFW-10 because I have one. A great sub, especially for $399 if they are still on sale. Oh, and it's beautiful as well. I mean, really really beautiful. It knocked my socks off when I opened the package and saw it.

Nick

D

dumpy

Audiophyte
Best overall product? Not really sure, but as far as what I actually own it has to be the Reference 1.5 speakers. I love the detail. It is a pleasure to go back and listen to recordings I've heard hundreds if not thousands of times and notice some nuance that wasn't obvious before. And, yes, in most cases that is a good thing :D Bad recordings are still bad, of course, but some others I thought would be horrible in such a detailed speaker have been surprisingly enjoyable!

Last edited:

Harmon

Audioholic Intern
Best I've heard? The Ref 3's. (Ref 1's and Ref 2's are amazing speakers too. Great clarity. Haven't heard the Ref .5's.)

Favorite AV123 product I own? Probably the 550's. My first purchase from them and still love 'em. The Bigfoot center channel runs a close second though.

Upcoming speaker I'm most intrigued by and hopeful of owning? Mini Strata. Not cheap by my standards, but based upon the components being used lots of bang for the buck.

What would I spend the $100 gift certificate on? The UL's. (Will buy them regardless just had to postpone my purchase because of moving expenses and new car purchase.) Again lots of bang for the buck with the UL's. I've only listened to a beta version. Reviews of audio performance have been very good, and I like their looks.

Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention that Mark is a pretty good guy. Bought me a Subway sandwich one time. Not only can I be bought, but I'm cheap. ;)

279BLUE

Enthusiast
I own 2 UFW10's with my REF system & I absolutly love the entire setup. The sound is really incredible and the wood finish makes my wife happy (me too). So now if I had $100 off I could try out the LMC-1/LPA-1 combo.:)

M

mark4mich

Audioholic Intern
Right now I would have to say its the 2 products I own, Rocket 750 sigs, and Bigfoot, They're both excellent. I would love to try some of the Emotiva products, possibly the UL combo when budget allows

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis