Enter to Win: $100 off any Carada Projection Screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Carada wants your opinion!

Carada is giving away a coupon worth $100 off your Carada Projection Screen to five (5) randomly selected eligible winners. The coupon must be used within 6 months of the drawing date.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Respond to the question in this contest thread.

Contest Question: What item would you most like to see Carada add to its product line-up?

See Carada.com for information on their current product lineup.​

Note this contest ends on April 30th 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
W

waptap

Audiophyte
What item would you most like to see Carada add to its product line-up?

Duh! Acoustically transparent screens!!!

N

nhpm510

Audioholic
What item would you most like to see Carada add to its product line-up?

A low price line of quality products

D

DTRUTH

Junior Audioholic
An electric drop screen. Of course, if I win the coupon, you don't have one for me to buy. LOL

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
Contest Question: What item would you most like to see Carada add to its product line-up?
Manual or motorized aspect ratio masking as an add-on option to any of your current product lines.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Crada contest

I would like to see a manual or motorized roll up screen and a masking system for different TV and movie aspect ratios.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
An economy line or accusticly transparent would be something to look into.

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
I'll second the request for acoustically transparent screens. At a reasonable price. Existing solutions are really expensive for good transparency properties, or don't have good acoustic transparency properties.

apatel25314

apatel25314

Audioholic
A motorized screen , but not one that drops down , it would be a fixed 16x9 but would expand for 1.85 to 1 and 2.35 to 1 ratios, it would also be cool if it could contract to accept 4.3 aspect programming

jn316

Audiophyte
I like the idea of a good quality, bang-for-the-buck line of screens. No, they aren't the best, but are very good.
:)

D

dennisdxl32

Enthusiast

Screens with higher gains, like 2.0 and above.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Carada has three main things it needs to add:

1. More screen surfaces
2. A screen masking system
3. Retractible screens

For screen surfaces, acoustically transparent is just one item, but also there should be the high gain grey screen (Firehawk) and a more serious high gain screen (2.0+)

For screen masking, I think that a manual option makes a lot of sense if you can't do a cheap motorized version. Definitely one of the nicest things I saw at CEDIA was the magnetic masking system using black velvet(ish) lined panels that you just put in place to mask a screen to 1.33 or 2.35 in just a few seconds. Set them in place, they stick, pull them back off. Very quick, very secure, very good looking! If it goes electric, then things get expensive... which is just more than I even am that interested in.

Finally, a quality retractible screen for an affordable price still seems like a myth. Saaria with their sub $1K tab-tensioned screens is along the right lines, but that company is five steps beyond impossible to reach with zero customer service and even fewer reviews. Then you get the big three that all deliver: DaLite, Draper, and Stewart. Great! If you have at LEAST $2,000 to drop on the screen! So, where is that high quality product that isn't 2 grand?

WHAT I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE?

A non-motorized tab-tesnioned screen for a really fair price. Remove the motor and the electrics from the screen. Just let me pull (crank?) it down myself and still allow it to be hidden in the ceiling completely if I want (trim kit). Do it for well under $1K and you have a guaranteed success. Why? Because NOBODY else is doing it! Or if they do it, it costs as much/more than other motorized - tab-tensioned solutions.

C

Cozmo

Audioholic
Carada Screens

Personally, I would like to see a masking system for different movie and television aspect ratios.

-Coz

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
I would like to see projectors or at least some references/links to projector manufacturers. It would be nice to have a one-stop place to go.

V

Vanhoecke

Junior Audioholic
I'm currently trying to make a decision on purchasing either a 16:9 or a 2.35 setup. I would clearly go with the 2.35 screen if there was a good motorized masking option that was economically available.

Also, what about diversifying your product line and including some scalers and anamorphic lenses (either directly or through a strategic partnership with another compnay). As an option, the scaler, lense and screen could be bundled and sold as a package. This may increase your sales of 2.35 format screens.

S

snock

Audiophyte

I would like to see manual and motorized masking systems for switching to other aspect ratios.

Ideally this would cause only a slight price bump. So if my screen was 1.78:1 ratio for $700 without masking it would be $740 with manual masking strips to make it 2.35:1.
(these are the 2 ratios i care most about)

-steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis