Energy Take speakers vs. other satellite/small bookshelf speakers-what do you think?

A

arielshiran

Audioholic Intern
I have an opportunity to buy a set of Energy's new Take speakers and I consider to buy the following setup:
1 Take LCR speaker as a center speaker
4 Take SAT speakers as front+surround speakers
1 S10.3 subwoofer
This set will work with a receiver like Denon 2105/Onkyo 602/Marantz 5500/Harman Kardon 235/335.
I wanted to know how this set will perform (in both music and movies) compared to:
1) 4 M&K K5s, 1 M&K K7 and a KX-10 subwoofer.
2) Mordaunt Short Genie.
3) 5 Anthony Gallo A'divas and a TR-2 subwoofer.
4) 4 Monitor Audio Radius 90 speakers, 1 Monitor Audio 180 and a 360 subwoofer.
I wonder if the Energy is a good performer as it is quite a new set and I found no reviews on it.
Please help me and tell me what you think if you have heard this set.
Energy was known for a great 5.1 compact packages and a great value for money (Encore, older Take series, Act6).
Thanks a lot,
Ariel.

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
I use Energy Take 2.2 as surround speakers and am quite happy with them and the rest of my Energy speakers (XL-250 Fronts, XL-C100 Center).

A

arielshiran

Audioholic Intern
Thanks but

I was talking about the new TAKE speakers which are intended to replace the Encore as the Act speakers are the successors of the old Take speakers...

R

Red

Audioholic
Ariel, I have the Energy TAKE series in a 6.1 set up using the LCRs as the center and Front/Right and Left and the SATs for the Left/Right and Back surrounds.

I don't have the Energy sub, instead using a Velodyne DLS 3750, also a 10".

For my ears this is a very good value. If you have just a couple of extra $$$ I suggest you consider the LCRs for the fronts instead of the SATs. they both require stands so the footprint will be the same and the LCRs provide a fuller sound with (2) 3 1/2 woofers vs the (1) on the SAT.

Also, for bass management I found it best to set the sub crossover at 100db as the rolloff on the LCRs is 75 and the SAT is at 80.

All in all, with a good sub, they produce a very clean and rich environment,

I have not heard the others you listed, but if you decide on the Energy's I think you will be happy. good luck and enjoy the hunt

A

arielshiran

Audioholic Intern
Thanks but

I will have to wall-mount all of the speakers and therefore from aesthehtic reasons I think that wall mounting LCRs will be less aesthetic than two SATs (I don't have a plasma/lcd screen and I intend to wall-mount the speakers in corners of the room).
What other options did you look at before buying and how much did you pay for the speakers you bought?

A

arielshiran

Audioholic Intern
Can anyone else help with his opinion/experience?

Every comment is welcome :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis